Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
02 housing results!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 2003, 02:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 02 housing results!!!

well, it's about friggin time. I finally got the chance to put this thing on the dyno. I made 2 differant pulls, on 2 differant days.
First, I put it on with the stock 02 housing, stock upp, and disconected mbc. The reason I did this, is because I know all you owners do not have the same mod's. So =, the only mod on my car was the 3" dp, and the 3" exh.
pull #1 209 hp and 240lbs of tq
pull #2 210 hp and 247 lbs of tq.
Some of you might be saying that those numbers seem kinda low. but like I said, I as letting the comp control the boost. It spicked to 14, settled on 13, and went down to 11 at 4500rpm.
I would like to mention that the second run, the tq was at it's peek at 3200rpm, and stayed flat all the way up to 4800rpm.

Run number 2. This was done with the new 02 housing on. And the mbc hooked back up for the last run.
pull #1 222 hp and 235 lbs of tq
pull #2 220 hp and 236 lbs of tq
pull #3 218 hp and 252 lbs of tq.
tha last pull I had the mbc set at 14 lbs. the tq on this pull was at it's peek at 3200 rpm, and fell at 4900 rpm. I feel the hp #'s started falling on the second set of pulls cause the fmic sarted getting a little heat soaked. Before both runs I reset the comp.

Between the 2 days, and the 2 differant pulls. I gained an average 11hp and lost 9 lbs of tq. I reset my comp, and set my mbc back to 16 lbs. It does feel a litle stronger, but like I said, I ran the car under stock conditions, except for the exh. I figure I am going to benifit more from this mod when I do more mods to the car. I am going to try a true cold air intake, and looking at the throttle body and intake to see where I can get some more airflow comming in the engine. With the new 02 housing, I am sure i have enough to handle a lot more hp. I am also looking into making a new upp for this thing also. I will keep everybody informed on the parts I am planning on making. My next venture, is to see what this thing will do in the 1/4. One thing about this new 02 housing, when you are on the freeway cruzing at about 75-80, when you step on the gas without down shifting, WOW!! the power differance is really noticable.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 05:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

It is mind boggling for a regular guy to come up with a major piece like this! Congratulations!
I know that pictures are hard, but it would be nice to see the curves.
Best of luck in getting it in production for us to buy soon!
Old 20 Sep 2003, 08:36 am
Cool Cruiser

Kirby,
Here, here. I second that! This is what it is about. Guys doing what others wont or cant. This sounds like a great piece and I will be very much wanting one. I am sure someone with a VERY technical backround will say this and that, but dyno numbers dont lie. I like the mods that WORK, and are safe. Sometimes engines defie logic,and work better no matter what the designers say a given engine should do.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 20 Sep 2003, 07:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

for you guys that have not seen a pic yet, go back to page 2, on this thread. I have the pics listed under 02 housing. For you guys that are interested. I am pretty sure the pics will sell the product. Let me know what you think.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 07:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Go here everyone. Easier than searching:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=3809

Old 21 Sep 2003, 04:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

thanks steve!
Old 22 Sep 2003, 03:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

Ok Silver srt-since no one else will step up.
How soon before you start selling them?
What is the price? You will keep us posted.