Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
fender bender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2003, 05:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Default fender bender

WELL GUYS WENT TO GO SEE MY KIDS PLAY A SOCCER GAME THIS MORNING AND WHEN IT WAS OVER I WALKED BACK TO MY CAR OPENED THE DOOR AND IT WAS MAKING CONTACT WITH THE FRONT LEFT FENDER. SO I WALKED TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE CAR AND SOMEONE HIT THE FRONT BUMPER AND SIDE FENDER. I WAS SO PISSED OFF. WELL I CONTACTED MY INSURANCE AND TOLD THEM I WANT MY CHRYSLER BODY SHOP TO CARE OF IT. THEY TOLD ME THAT WAS FINE BUT THEIR ADJUSTER STILL NEEDS TO SEE IT AND THE HE WILL ISSUE ME OUT A CHECK. I WANT THE FRONT OF MY CAR LOOKING LIKE NEW WHEN I GET IT BACK FROM THE BODYSHOP. I WANT THE GAPS BETWEEN THE HOOD AND THE FENDER TO BE EQUAL WIDTH AS THE OTHER SIDE. IM JUST SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW IM JUST AFRAID THE CAR WONT BE THE SAME WHEN I GET IT BACK. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY ADVICE AS TO HOW TO DEAL WITH THE BODYSHOP? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 06:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Please don't take offense to this but . . .

It's only a car. I know we all tend to fall in love with our PTs but let's all learn from this and remember to keep it in persprective.

I've had lots of car in my life and I've never been able to avoid some kind of damage major or minor. That's why we have insurance. It's not IF you will get dinged, it's WHEN.

Just my 2 cents . . . hope I didn't offend. Live and learn.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 06:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

These days most dealerships don't have their own body shop. Too much hassle. They farm it out, usually to the lowest bidder, and hope for the best.

I would advise that you talk to everyone you know to find THE BEST body shop in your area and go there.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

who is your insurance company?? i have geico whenever you have work done on the car if your not happy you can get it redone!! ask your insurance company after the job is done what happens if your not happy and see what they say , and the post about chrysler not doing the own body work is right they don't do it they do send out all there work
Old 28 Sep 2003, 03:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

DUde, i'd be upset too. considering whoever hit you, knoew they did it and just took off.
Yes it's just a car, but since we personalize it it becomes just a bit more than that...otherwise we wouldn't frequent these forums. Be angry for a moment, then get it fixed.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 28 Sep 2003, 03:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, onyx pt. I had a new truck (only 3 months old/all fixed up including custom painted pin-stripes, etc.) a few years ago which was parked and "rear-ended". I spoke to both the insurance adjuster and the body-shop supervisor advising them I expected the truck to be in "new condition" after all the work was done because the vehicle was "new" at the time of the accident. It took the body shop a little more time and the insurance company paid a little more money but the final product was a "like new" truck--perfect in everyway!

Good luck.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 03:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My oldest son has already customised the driver's front fender and driver's door. Get NEW pannels!
The new paint from Dupont that they use on the PT is really great stuff for matching. Y ou will not be able to tell the diff.
Just get someone that is detail oriented to do the job, it's always those little detail things that you notice later that drive you crazy!

Chin Up, your baby will survive!

Kirby
Old 28 Sep 2003, 10:21 pm
Young Cruiser

thanks for all the advice guys.