Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking at a PT...anything I should be aware of

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2009, 07:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Looking at a PT...anything I should be aware of

Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere on the board. My search turned up nothing.

I'm looking for a PT GT and found an 04 Dream Cruiser Series 3 with 25K miles on it. The Dealer wants 10.2K for it starting off. I dont know what people's experience with buying a PT and what price they got theirs for. Similarly, I need some advice on common problems I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance and look forward to being a PT owner again
Old 21 Oct 2009, 12:19 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Looking at a PT...anything I should be aware of

There is an 03 GT, S1 for sale with 12k miles on this forum. Check the classified, asking price is $8000. There are also several fine examples for sale under $10,000 over at PTCrew
2004 GT, 5spd, Stage1, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 2.5" Catback, 3" O2, 3" Needswings Catless DP, Mopar BOV, NGK Iridiums, Mopar Wires, Aeroforce Interceptor w/wideband kit, Vibrant Catch Can, Prothane Inserts, AMX1397 upper and lower pipes, Plastic Intake, Hurst STS, S2 WGA, Factory Sub and now Alky Injected!
Old 21 Oct 2009, 05:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Knock $1,000 off the price and be ready to meet halfway at $500 off, and have them throw in a warranty...
And if it's an automatic, have them flush the transmission (look at the fluid now so you can compare it later so they won't just say they did it)...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Oct 2009, 06:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLCruiser View Post
There is an 03 GT, S1 for sale with 12k miles on this forum. Check the classified, asking price is $8000. There are also several fine examples for sale under $10,000 over at PTCrew

Very aware of this car. I already have two manuals, dont need another.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 10:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

if they are asking $10200 id start with $9000 you have nothing to loose you probably wont get it for $9000 but you can try

With 25000 not a lot of stuff to do the tranny flush is kinda soon but its like $200 to have it done --the bearings are pretty soon as well and way to soon for the timing belt and stuff

Drive it and see if it calls your name if it does take her home and have fun
Old 21 Oct 2009, 05:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Mine was stickering at 10,500. I got it for $7900 since I went in at the end of the month, the sales mgr told me that being a 5spd was scaring a few people away, and it was 1 of 2 manual tranny PTs they had. Plus, I had done my research and I drive a VERY hard bargain. Spend 4 hours grinding them down. I honestly think they let it go that cheap just to not have to deal with me anymore!

'00 Jeep Wrangler Sport: 2" BDS lift and swaybar disconnects, 32" BFG a/t's on Eagle 10-hole wheels. Fabtech front bumper, K&N cold air intake.

'03 PT Cruiser GT 5spd: removed muffler and airbox silencer future planned mods are K&N typhoon intake, 2" rear lowering springs, hopefully some kind of old skool mag style wheels, and possibly at least a stage 1 turbo upgrade. Oh and i GOTTA get rid of those $#@!'in flame decals!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 07:19 am
Cool Cruiser

When I bought mine, the tag on it at the dealer said $11,500, on their web-site it was $9500, I got it for much less. One guy told me that the Turbo turned many off, not understanding it. Make an offer that you are willing to pay - and be prepared to walk away if it is not met or compromised.

I've read and heard that car dealers are having a hard time getting and keeping good used cars, with the governments recent clunker program - and that people are keeping their cars longer.