Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
"Internal Transmission Problem" ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2003, 02:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs
Default "Internal Transmission Problem" ???

So Friday my cruiser stalled while exiting the PA turnpike. Then proceeded to stall about 4 more times on my way to my parents house. Then, once I got it into the driveway, I couldn't get it out. Every time I tried taking the car out of park, it would stall. Whether putting it in reverse or drive. I had it towed Monday morning to the closest dealer (which is all the Chrysler roadside assistance will cover)

The dealer just called me and said that the car has an "internal transmission problem". In addition, they wanted to know what I had done to the engine, I guess in the way of mods. now I only have a new intake and my turbo timer. That's all I've done to the car. But I feel like they're setting me up for the whole "you voided your warranty by modifying your car" speech.

Can someone please just ease my concerns a little bit. Would a turbo timer even have anything at all to do with the transmission!? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Even the boost gauge that goes along with it shouldn't, right?

Can anyone think of ANYTHING that may affect the transmission from either a turbo timer or new air intake?

I don't like this one bit....[xx(][:0][V]
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yobiebs, there is absolutley no way that the turbo timer or the air raid intake could have anything to do with the transmission. I had the air raid intake on my cruiser for longer than you have had it on yours and there is no problem with the transmission. I have exactly the same turbo timer that you have wired and plummed exactly the way that yours is, and have not had any issues with that either. Which dealer did it get taken to ? Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to do any warranty work. I'd be interested in hearing other opinions from the others on this board, but thats what I think. Give me a call if you need to.

Alan
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Just an outside guess, but isn't one feature of the TT that if it is running and someone tries to steal it by either releasing the parking brake or putting it in gear that it stalls?

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

possibly with the manual transmissions, but mine is not connected to the parking brake at all....

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It stalls, because the timer unit cannot keep the engine going under any load at all. The instructions on the turbo timer say that you should not even leave the air conditioning running when the timer is running the vehicle because of the extra load. With the key in the ignition and the car running the turbo timer circuitry (for run after key off) is not even invoked. It comes into play with the key off only. The only wiring for the timer is 3 wires on the ignition switch and 2 grounds. It just parallels the ignition switch and provides an alternate ignition path upon keyswitch cutoff, times out and then breaks the parallel ignition path. This particular unit is the Blitz dual unit and I just rechecked the wiring diagram to confirm.

Alan [}]
Old 30 Sep 2003, 08:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

the tt has nothing to do with the trans. please keep us up to date on how this dealer treats you.

thanks tommy[xx(]
Old 01 Oct 2003, 09:29 am
Cool Cruiser

I just got off the phone with the dealership. They told me that the tranny needs to be redone, but they need to send an inspector from Chrysler out to look at my car to determine whether the turbo timer has affected the problem I'm having with the car. The inspector won't be there until Friday.

This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

[xx(][xx(][xx(]

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 01 Oct 2003, 09:54 am
Administrator

Research the law, so you're prepared for more of their BS...

--> http://www.sema.org/content/?id=8124
--> http://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guides...s/undermag.htm

Good luck, biebs.
Old 01 Oct 2003, 11:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

sorry to hear of your troubles!! they suck!! chrysler is going to jerk you around like a yo- yo !! but don't let them !! keep us posted!!
Old 01 Oct 2003, 03:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I think of all those worthless junk survey letters that Daimler Chrysler sends to you durring the honeymoon period just after you have signed on the dotted line. How much money and effort is spent on getting an industry noticed "approval rating". Once you pass the short time period for their statistics for advertising, you feel like the date that got picked up at closing time for a one nighter.

yobiebs,
You are experiencing what the flagwavers are so bored and tired of hearing about! According to them, your pain is yours alone, don't tell them that things can go wrong, they don't want to hear it. But not all of us, thankfully. With the magic of communication we have much more momentum than ever before!!