Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
215hp or?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2003, 02:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 215hp or?

i just bought an 04 tourning edition with the turbo option..the dealership said it was the 215hp motor but how do you really know now that there is another motor available?? any help would be appreciated[:I]
Old 03 Oct 2003, 02:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If your car has a "HIGH OUTPUT" badge on the rear hatch, then it is 220HP. I suspect that yours does not thus it has 180HP.

BTW, you are one of the first on this forum to have the 180HP model. Get ready for a flood of questions. We are all curious.

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 03 Oct 2003, 02:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

This is the badge. (thanks Gary)
Old 03 Oct 2003, 02:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GTSteve

If your car has a "HIGH OUTPUT" badge on the rear hatch, then it is 220HP. I suspect that yours does not thus it has 180HP.

BTW, you are one of the first on this forum to have the 180HP model. Get ready for a flood of questions. We are all curious.
thanks for the quick reply..i called the dealer where i bought it and they said it was the 215hp...your right it doesn't have the HO badge
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

They're either lying to you, scribs, or more likely, they just don't have a clue, like most salespeople.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TripleJackInGA

They're either lying to you, scribs, or more likely, they just don't have a clue, like most salespeople.
do you know by using the vin # of the car is there a place on the net that i would be able to find out for sure which motor i have??
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would contact DaimlerChrysler direct at the Customer Service #.I forget what it is.I'm betting that since it's the same basic engine, minus a few goodies, it probably carries the same 'G' in the VIN, which designates a 2.4L Turbo.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well I do not have a High Output badge on mine. It is a 215hp motor though, has the AutoStick. I guess I would ask what kind of trany do you have?

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You have the 180HP engine. It LOOKS the same as a GT engine. I have an 2004 Limited with the Turbo. I have checked EACH engine side by side and they ARE the same From the OUTSIDE. You will not get a good answer from Customer Service. I have done this also.
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

LAF - all 2003 Turbos are the hi-output.

I *think* that unless you have a GT or a Dream Cruiser on the 2004, then it's the 180HP unit.

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack