Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Leaking coolant line

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2003, 10:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Leaking coolant line

I was under the car this evening while it was on my Brother's lift as I did the 2nd oil change and found something of possible interest to the rest of you.I noticed a nice dried orange good on the bottom of the intercooler pipe thatruns under the engine, all over the cross-member, and all down the back side of the engine.Upon further inspection it appears that one of the two coolant lines on the back of the engine is seeping where the clamp is.I can't determine exactlywhich one it is, but the result is a nice gooey orange mess on theback of the engine and some of the hoses and wiring, and dried mess on the cross-member, etc.It doesn't come off with brake cleaner either.The car has not run hot, but after seeing this I checked the coolant level and the overflow bottle is indeed empty.
I'llbe bringing it to the dealer tomorrow or Monday to have it looked at, along with the power steering noise, a very very slight 'moiste' spot on the diff. cover (loose bolt), and the high RPM miss, which mine has now developed, if ever so slightly.
Since I have never had any spots left under the car, and have never smelled coolant (it has a very unique sweet smell), I imagine it is only happening when I really get on it, or under high pressure or something.

Just somethingyoumay want to keep an eye on.

My car just turned over 9k miles.