Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Removing Emblems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2003, 04:16 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Removing Emblems

I want to take off all of my emblems except the Mopar Stage 1 on my tailgate. When I get the High Output from Tommy I will put that under or above the Mopar emblem. All of the rest, the GT, 2.4L Turbo, the PT Cruiser on the doors, I will remove. I've heard you can remove them with a hair dryer. If that is the case then at what setting is the hair dryer (hot, medium, high) and for how long? I don't want to mess up my paint. I know I can get rid of the glue residue with the Turtle Wax bug and tar remover. For those who have done this what procedure did you use? Also, if I wanted to put these back on where would I get the double sided sticky tape?
Thanks, Tom
Old 04 Oct 2003, 10:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

You only need to apply enough heat to soften the adhesive so you can get a fingernail under the edge to peel them off. A hair dryer shouldn't produce enough heat to do any damage to the paint. My car is black, so it gets hot enough in the sun that I didn't need to heat the letters much at all. Your mileage may vary. Double sided tape should be available at your favorite automotive accessory store - I get mine at Canadian Tire.
Old 04 Oct 2003, 03:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Dental floss works great to get under them and get them off after you've softened the glue with the hair dryer. Yes, tar remover or 3M adhesive remover works great to clean up the glue. Then a coat of sealer or wax and you're now "stealth." COOL!

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 04 Oct 2003, 06:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

do not use paper towels either, i scratch'd my 2 day old car with paper towels removing a sticker. scratch x fixed the problem..

Punch
Old 05 Oct 2003, 03:37 am
Veteran Cruiser

I removed PT Cruiser emblems from both of the doors and GT from the back hatch. Really like the clean look on the doors and I never really liked the GT emblem on the hatch. I left the 2.4L Turbo above the Mopar Stage 1. I like the look of the hatch now. The GT always, to me, looked out of place.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Oct 2003, 01:35 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

Jody did a very nice job with the PT Turbo on the side doors, it looks very nice. The high output underneath it is a good idea though.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 07 Oct 2003, 03:49 am
Veteran Cruiser

The High Output is separate.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic