Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TURBO PROMBLEMS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default TURBO PROMBLEMS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

The other day i was driving my car and it was fine. Then i was pulling out in front of someone so i had to speed it up . then once the turbo started to spull it stoped and the car started to make a putt putt sound and bog down. i have a 2005 gt pt cruiser does anyone know what i can check before i can see if the turbo is blown? or tell me were the diverter vaulve is so i can check that.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 02:17 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: TURBO PROMBLEMS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTcruiser23 View Post
The other day i was driving my car and it was fine. Then i was pulling out in front of someone so i had to speed it up . then once the turbo started to spull it stoped and the car started to make a putt putt sound and bog down. i have a 2005 gt pt cruiser does anyone know what i can check before i can see if the turbo is blown? or tell me were the diverter vaulve is so i can check that.
Check for boost leaks. Check the intercooler hoses and all the vacuum lines. You should use T-bolt clamps on the intercooler hoses because the hoses have been known to leak or even come off with crappy factory clamps. All of the vacuum lines should be zip tied to prevent leaks and from popping off.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 30 Jan 2010, 08:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

How many miles do you have on your car? We went on vacation in September and during the drive home my 2004 GT misfired and bogged down when I would speed up to pass one of the many slowpokes on the highway. Then when I got back home and drove the car, it actually backfired when I accelerated from a stoplight. I had almost 60K on the speedo, so I changed both plugs and wires. That fixed it, no more misfiring, bogging down, or backfiring. I did use OEM plugs and wires. I had also changed plugs at 30K as recommended by the manufacturer, it had a very slight misfire back then too, but only at an idle.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 09:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Two posts of good advice - and let me add - I hope you have synthetic oil in that turbo!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Feb 2010, 12:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Have you checked for codes?
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come