Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt more of srt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default pt more of srt?

I have a 2005 gt cruiser i was wanderin if anyone new what parts i can take off a srt 4 that will fit or make my gt cruiser faster? also how much boost can a stock gt cruiser run with only a intake and a bov?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 06:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: pt more of srt?

The best place for those questions is at PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.

Lots of "gearheads" there that know all about SRT 4s and GTs.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Jan 2010, 09:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: pt more of srt?

I have my PT at 12 Pounds of Boost. I got the big mouth BOV, it just like the mopar BOV but the relase hole is bigger and a racing wastegage! Soon I will install a fuel regulator and injectors so I can boost to 15+ until I get the stage 1. You can also contact theracingstore.com so they can tell you what is the best convination for your car depending of how much fast you want your car to go. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Good luck my friend!

Last edited by ROCKETMAN8060; 12 Jan 2010 at 10:10 am.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

were did you get your bov and is a turbo timer neccsary?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 05:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06

Get the hard pipes from Jim aka AMX over at PTCrew. I have the hard pipes, and did the airbox mod and im boosting at 14lbs stock.

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Old 12 Jan 2010, 06:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN8060 View Post
I have my PT at 12 Pounds of Boost. I got the big mouth BOV, it just like the mopar BOV but the relase hole is bigger and a racing wastegage! Soon I will install a fuel regulator and injectors so I can boost to 15+ until I get the stage 1. You can also contact theracingstore.com so they can tell you what is the best convination for your car depending of how much fast you want your car to go. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Good luck my friend!
The Mopar bov and the like are just noise makers. No power added. I'm running 350 hp on my '05 SRT-4 and still use the stock surge valve. You really don't need a real bov until you are boosting 20+.
I'd also only just get stage 1. You don't need a fuel regulator and injectors until you up the boost over 18. With S1 you can boost up to 18 and be safe. I'd also get a wideband air/fuel gauge if you plan on upping the boost beyond 18.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 12 Jan 2010, 07:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
The Mopar bov and the like are just noise makers. No power added. I'm running 350 hp on my '05 SRT-4 and still use the stock surge valve. You really don't need a real bov until you are boosting 20+.
I'd also only just get stage 1. You don't need a fuel regulator and injectors until you up the boost over 18. With S1 you can boost up to 18 and be safe. I'd also get a wideband air/fuel gauge if you plan on upping the boost beyond 18.
Thanks for the info Mean Green, you are right the BOV doesnt give any horsepower but I love the sound hehehehe!!! Im getting all the parts I need in advance so when I go around 20 pounds or more I wont brake my engine also I forgot to mention that my PT is auto so Im just trying to play safe. I thank you for the info my friend, see ya around
Old 12 Jan 2010, 07:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTcruiser23 View Post
were did you get your bov and is a turbo timer neccsary?
I got mine in ebay for around $30.00 about the turbo timer well is up to you. I always give my car around a minute to cold down and the pressure to go down before turning the car off but if you want to play safe there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by ROCKETMAN8060; 12 Jan 2010 at 07:27 pm.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 08:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT

hey let me know when u install the fuel pressure regulator cuz i want to do it to i found some on ebay there about $30 just email me pics and all the info thanks
coolcat34113@yahoo.com
Old 23 Jan 2010, 01:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

I feel it is bettter to fit hard pipes. And we can tell you what is the best convination for your car depending of how much fast you want your car to go. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Good luck my friend!