Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Is this a good deal. please weigh in...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Is this a good deal. please weigh in...

As some of you know I'm looking for a pt and I found this one - its kinda far - but I don't mind flying in and driving it home - I wanted to know what people thought about it, I'm also kinda afraid to buy a modified car b/c I don't know if it's been dogged. But if its done then I don't have to do it. 2003 TURBO PT CRUISER FULL CUSTOMIZED , CLEAN AND FAST CAR . it also has a clean tittle. I emailed and asked "Hi, I was wondering what kinda of shape the interior is in. any pics? under hood pic? Does it still have the 03 injectors or have they been upgraded? also how many miles and any defects? thanks - Gary" they responded "the interior is in perfect conditions all black leather , the engine still with the original injector s the only update is a map clamp to trick the ecm to eliminate the fuel cut under high boost the car has 108,000 miles and I change the timing belt 4,000 miles ago , the bad in the car is the engine mounts and front struts , you can get all this parts in ebay for less $300" Would a 14 hour drive be a bad idea with bad struts and motor mounts. The miles are a bit high for me maybe I should wait for a lower mileage car, I found a nice GT in TX with 60k for $8k hhhhmmmmm
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Is this a good deal. please weigh in...

2003 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GT This one looks really sweet
2004 PT Cruiser GT High Output Turbo i love this color
Beautiful 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible! Loaded! this deal seems too good to be true, also does anyone know what the convertible did to the insurance - I know its more - i should get the vin and ask my ins company

Last edited by GaryCCR; 25 Jan 2010 at 08:43 pm.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 08:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'd go this one:
2004 PT Cruiser GT High Output Turbo
Unless you want the 'vert.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 11:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryCCR View Post
2003 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GT This one looks really sweet
2004 PT Cruiser GT High Output Turbo i love this color
Beautiful 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible! Loaded! this deal seems too good to be true, also does anyone know what the convertible did to the insurance - I know its more - i should get the vin and ask my ins company
You don't want #3. Really you don't. You don't want it because I do

I was seriuosly looking at this car the other day. I haven't gone out to see it yet, but I am seriously considering buying it when the insurance company settles my accident. I don't want to go see it until I have the money in hand to make a deal if I decide to buy. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up, but I really like that car
Old 26 Jan 2010, 12:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool Re: Is this a good deal. please weigh in...

I dont have $$$ yet anyways, I love love love the white one. I like the convertible but I don't think a convertible is right for me. I was more-or-less getting, or trying to get an idea if these prices are average or good. I need to get the cash, I'm driving myself nuts looking at beautiful cruisers that I can't buy now, but I can't help myself. I was thinking about putting my truck in for-sale forum here but I dunno, what the heck - I'll put it up on here and Cl for fits and giggles. Me and my wife love the convertible but the convertible has the small trunk, less utility, only 2 doors, but it has a million miles of headroom and its a convertible, I'm not bashing at all but with a family I think the 4-dr is better esp since we have at least two 1200+ mile road trips a year.

Good-luck picking up that cruiser, looks really sweet, let us know!!!
Old 26 Jan 2010, 12:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Good-luck picking up that cruiser, looks really sweet, let us know!!!
Dreaming about it helping me keep my sanity as I realize there is a 99% chance I won't be getting my car back.

I did the math and as long as the ins co doesn't screw me on the deal, I can upgrade from my 04 base model whose only option was the sun roof to the fully loaded GT 'vert for the same monthly payment.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I don;t want to be disappointed, but que sera sera