Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar cat back exh????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:33 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Mopar cat back exh????

I've read on a few people's signature that they have a Mopar cat back exhaust, I've inquired @ the dealer MANY times about performance items for the PT GT, and the only thing they can mention is the stage 1, which they installed for me, but I want MORE. What other Mopar performance stuff is available for our cars. I'm trying to spend $$$ on my car to make it the way I'd like, and they (the dealer) told me there's a boost guage but NO mount available, What's the deal??? And yes I've been to the MOPAR web page and just the stage 1 is there...Stew
Old 17 Oct 2003, 04:45 pm
Administrator

Note to Mopar marketing department, are you listening?

There isn't anywhere online or at dealers that lists all available performance parts specifically for the GT (to my knowledge).

There's:
dual exhaust
gauges
pillar pods
bov
stg 1
etc...

try http://store.yahoo.com/wyckoff-chrys...ts/perpar.html

Old 17 Oct 2003, 10:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Jody, I couldn't agree more with you...on top of that, their own dealerships seem to know little or nothing about the performance parts as well.

LIP
Old 18 Oct 2003, 12:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

as most people know i am the parts manager for Haynes Jeep Chrysler and i sell alot of mopar performance parts. please feel free to email me and i will be glad to look into anything you may want to know about.

thanks tommy
Old 18 Oct 2003, 06:01 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

My dealer mechaninc said the GT was a 5 speed auto when it first came out. [B)]

Consiquently I only go up there for apperance mods (which is apparently enough b/c they know me by name, lol)

"What do you want today Ms. Jenkins? More Electric Blue paint?"

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 18 Oct 2003, 12:27 pm
Young Cruiser

if i want weather stripping for a 1984 Lebaron they are right on it and have a part number in seconds. if i want a performance mod for my 03 gt they look at me like i just came from another planet!
Old 18 Oct 2003, 04:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

I'm getting the same response from the salesman and the parts manager too, I've requested a catalog for Mopar performance parts from my dealership about1/2 dozen times, and still have gotten nowhere. I'm trying to spend $$$ on my vehicle and be loyal to this dealership as I'm trying to establish a good relationship with them as someone who likes there products and wants ONLY Mopar parts, and wants to pay THEM to install it all, It's $$$/business for them, and KEEP getting steered away when it comes to the upgrades offered through Mopar from this dealership, I guess I'll have to try another dealership to do More business with. Any Referals,Anybody....Stew 03 GT w/autostick
Old 18 Oct 2003, 05:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

knowyourturbo,

There is no 2003 Mopar Performance catalog! 2004 should be the next release of the catalog. Wyckoff Chrysler's online catalog pretty much tells you what is available.

As an aside, I have heard that Borla released or will soon release a GT-specific exhaust. Does anyone know if this is true????

Scott
Old 18 Oct 2003, 06:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have contacted Borla's R&D Department thru the internet cause they dont show an application for my Turbo GT!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 18 Oct 2003, 06:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Per my conversation with Borla tech support, the part #'s are the 2.5" units they sell. Their toll free # is at their website.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come