Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Decent mpg's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2010, 09:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Decent mpg's...

Last weekend, the wife and I drove the Cruiser to north AL to visit my family and our son that now works there. I kept the mph to under 72, mostly right around 70 on I-20 and I-65. I filled up before getting on I-20 and stopped in Oxford, AL, for a break and fill-up. That showed 30.3 mpg, the next fill-up was 28.7, around town with a lot of stop-and-go dropped it to 16. The 30.3 is the best I've seen so far. It does help to keep the speed down on the Interstate, just not much you can do about it around town.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 11:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Decent mpg's...

I love my turbo lite - more pep than the '02, PLUS an MPG or so BETTER mileage.
Another reason for going slow is states are looking to traffic fines as a means of raising revenue!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Decent mpg's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner49 View Post
Last weekend, the wife and I drove the Cruiser to north AL to visit my family and our son that now works there. I kept the mph to under 72, mostly right around 70 on I-20 and I-65. I filled up before getting on I-20 and stopped in Oxford, AL, for a break and fill-up. That showed 30.3 mpg, the next fill-up was 28.7, around town with a lot of stop-and-go dropped it to 16. The 30.3 is the best I've seen so far. It does help to keep the speed down on the Interstate, just not much you can do about it around town.
Wow nice to read about good mileage for a change