Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TSB - replace PCM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2003, 06:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default TSB - replace PCM

How many people have had their PCM replaced according to TSB 1802903? This is the high RPM miss issue on earlier 2003 turbos. I noticed the intermitant miss as soon as my car was broke in and I went WOT. I want to have the PCM replaced before I start messing with plugs and wires.

I will be calling my dealer on Monday to get the part in stock.

Please post if you've had your PCM replaced. Thanks.

GTSteve
Old 19 Oct 2003, 07:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Had mine replaced this past week and the miss is gone.Took about a week for them to get the PCM in stock.Make sure they program the Pinion Ratio when you pick it up or the Speedo won't work.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 19 Oct 2003, 08:16 pm
Administrator

Replaced here. The miss happened at 5200rpm in 2nd gear, sometimes 3rd.

Old 20 Oct 2003, 01:15 am
Young Cruiser

Had mine replaced about two weeks ago. Runs great now. Had the miss from the day I got it. Waited 6 months for the TSB to come out, two weeks for the MCU to arrive, then a month for the cable to program it. Might be me but my fuel mileage has improved also.

Don
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Had mine replaced as well. Keep an eye on the speedo when you leave the garage, the documentation tells them not to program a value and that keeps the speedo from working.

The replacement PCM eliminated the misfire for me. Also seems a touch stronger throughout the band, but that could just be my perception.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey Jody how bout putting Phatdad,Gearhead,YoBieb,Flashbk2 back in focus in your sig pic for while ,lol!
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Anyone else have a new PCM installed under warrenty?

Mine is on order. I'll post how it runs with the new part.

Hey triplejack . . thanks for the heads up on the pinion entry. I've heard other had no speedo afterward. You would think the dealer would know or the TSB would mention it.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 09:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Flashback2, we're just faster that Jody on that day HeHe........
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Had the pcm replaced at 15,000. for low rpm miss .5spd gt.pt runs good 27 to 30 mpg[8)]
Old 24 Oct 2003, 02:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Had an interesting dealership experience today. Brought my autostick GT in to have some routine maintanence, and brought the TSB info. in as I am experiencing the righ RPM miss. Before I heard back from service advisor I was called to the cashier's desk. In addition to my oil change and tire rotation I had a "reprogrammed pcm chip" under warranty. I tracked down my service advisor, and he said that the reprogramming "superceeded" the pcm fix. I explained that I had checked with DC to confirm the TSB, and he then said the TSB wasn't on his system. After asking how the reprogramming "superceeded" a new chip that didn't exist, he disappeared to talk with the mechanic and make a call. He returned 15 min. later, said he had ordered the chip, and told me that I should call if the "reprogramming" worked. At least he was friendly about it...

(I have been accused by some of my pals of being some kind of weird "cruiser cult", but why would my car need to be reprogrammed?)