Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
a little info please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default a little info please

I need some info please. Can someone tell me where the bracket that holds the rear of the intake manifold up connects to? I'm guessing the head.The dealer did not replace mine and I think it's to much weight to have only the 5 front bolts hold it up. I'm going to call them tomorrow to get a replacement. The bracket would be behind the coil. The reason I'm, asking is if it's EZ to replace I will. If not they will. LORD only knows how long they will take to do that[B)] Thanks
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

No way!
It's a heavy metal bracket that has 2 bolts holding most of the weight of the back of the manifold.
Why did they remove it?
damn straight THEY better replace it.
Love getting your car back with more probs than when u gave it to them. [xx(]

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

OurPTGT

As you can see there are four bolts which are required to attach it. So you need: the bolts to attach it and the diode assembly.

[|)]

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:40 am
Senior Cruiser

I'm reading the owners manual and I don't see this bracket listed, there is a braket at the front of the engine for the manifold but nothing listed for the rear.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:53 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by macster

OurPTGT

As you can see there are four bolts which are required to attach it. So you need: the bolts to attach it and the diode assembly.

[|)]

macster
Actually, this is a pic of the non-turbo bracket. The turbo bracket has 3 bolts holding it. Two on the manifold and one to the block. The turbo bracket is triangle shaped. I found it on page 2A-5 in my Chilton manual.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:43 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Actually, this is a pic of the non-turbo bracket. The turbo bracket has 3 bolts holding it. Two on the manifold and one to the block. The turbo bracket is triangle shaped. I found it on page 2A-5 in my Chilton manual.
[/quote]

Duohhh!!!

Well he should get an idea from this anyway. But if so, then he will need 3 bolts, and the diode assy.
BTW, I did a screen capture of the image in the service manual, plus my Haynes manual Chpt 4-16 paragraph 18 Turbocharger removal and installation section has the same view, plus my Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit install procedures page 4 of 13, figure 13 has the same view, so you can see why I "assumed" that this view was correct.

He He He

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Had to take the top 2 bolts off on S1 install, it is there, and NEEDS to be there!

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:17 am
Senior Cruiser

You guys ROCK! That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Thanks!
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:37 am
Senior Cruiser

If they left that off, it tells you a lot about their approach to maintenance.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 20 Oct 2003, 02:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

huh, don't know how i missed that, but have since found it.