Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Spark plug replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2010, 07:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Spark plug replacement

Guys, I am new ti this forum and I need some help. I have a 2008 pt turbo and I am not sure as how to replace the spark plugs. The manifold is in the way and I am not sure what to disconnect.

I am looking for a step by step guide as how to chnage out the plugs. Pics would be great
Old 20 Mar 2010, 09:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Spark plug replacement

start here... Spark plugs again
Old 21 Mar 2010, 07:59 am
Cool Cruiser

That is a good article, about which plug everyone recommending, but doesn't address the removal of the air intake on the second generation GT with the bulky plastic intake not the aluminum intake that did not need removed. Anyone with first hand experience on this procedure please post. Photo's would be great. By the way welcome to the forum.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 03:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Most are using this type of flex socket or removing upper intake to do it.

Old 22 Mar 2010, 09:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Guys thanks for the info, is there a way to remove the upper intake from the throttle body. There has to be an easier way to change the plugs out
Old 22 Mar 2010, 03:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Ive removed mine mutiple times by only removing the upper to lower bolts, unhooking the cables then laying it to the side without removing throttle body. Also some have lightly trimmed the plastic edge to make extensions fit but i havent seen any in person yet so dont know wxactly how deep they go.

Last edited by xwing777; 22 Mar 2010 at 03:44 pm. Reason: edited typo
Old 22 Mar 2010, 04:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Do the bolts have to be torqued down? or just tight as possible? there has be to a simpler way , what about the gaskets do they need to be replaced as well?

Last edited by syegutkin; 22 Mar 2010 at 04:13 pm.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 11:28 am
Senior Cruiser

I swapped the composite intake onto my 2003 and I can get all the plugs except one using a swivel. All I had to do was take a die grinder to one very small area not even 1/4 inch worth and am now able to get the last one too without removing the upper.

Yes you do have to retorque the upper to lower if you remove it. There are no gaskets, they are rubber o-ringed.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 11 Apr 2010, 10:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

I would like to the size/type of screw that is located on the back of the 2008 pt cruiser turbo intake plenum.

There are 2 screws back there and I misplacd one of them when I was changing my spark plugs.

I think that is a size 10, but is anyone has a PN or correct size/length that would help out.

Thank you
Old 11 Apr 2010, 01:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by syegutkin View Post
Do the bolts have to be torqued down? or just tight as possible? there has be to a simpler way , what about the gaskets do they need to be replaced as well?
If you have a inch/pound torque wrench you can use that and torque to 105 in/lbs. Torque in this pattern 5,3,1,2,4.
After I took the head off of one of the bolts and had to buy another, I was talking to a tech at my dealers and he stated, "I never use a torque wrench on them, I just snug them down using a 3/8" drive ratchet wrench". It worked the last time for me. Gaskets can be reused, no problem!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar