Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FM & DIAG Books

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2003, 09:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default FM & DIAG Books

Well paid the 69.00 on e-bay for the 5 book set. DC originals. Best money I spent, to date except for the Car!!!!!

Had a 97 Toyota Tacoma, modded out that was a blast! Out grew the "look", but wanted fun, so the Cruiser gave me hauling space and power. Good combo for me.

Then I opened the hood in my drive way. Not only is the space non- existent, it was a large step ahead(97-03)on futher reducing what a modder can do.

Well I read the section 14-20 Fuel Injection in the FM. This gives the information on what OPEN LOOP and CLOSED LOOP mean, and what the PCM is doing, and the modes of the fuel injection. This is the best reading on this car I have read!!!!!! I do know that the PCM and all of its sensors is just unreal. Between temp, volt,camshaft postion, Inlet/Intake air temp, and crankshaft position sensors, Auto Shutdown(ASD)relay, fuel pump relay, and on and on, the PCM is VERY BUSY!!!!

I had no idea. I do know I will be very carful on anthing I do from here on out. S1 is in and I dont sweat it. It is a MOPAR programed PCM with thier code. I am starting(5%)to understand the limits of modifications in relationship to the PCM and its SET programing. It seems to me that the only way to "beat" this is to see what the PCM is doing, and to have acces to bend this information. It is almost as if the basics have gone out the window, more fuel, more air, and less restriction on exhaust, will only let us go so far, and then the PCM kicks in and will be the limit.

I wasted the 15.00 on the "CD Version" and that was a waste for me. This set was the best investment in my Gt I could have made.

My point here is buy the FM and start reading it. It is worth every penny.

Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

I didn't see this forsale, what was the item number, i missed out on this one : (

Punch