PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

spark plug wire change on 06 turbo limited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Apr 2010, 02:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default spark plug wire change on 06 turbo limited

I saw the sticky on plug change for 06 but I have a turbo. How much more difficult is it to change plugs and wires? Also any ideas on what plugs and wires are good and what should the gap be on the turbo engine? Thanks, Jay
Old 05 Apr 2010, 03:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: spark plug wire change on 06 turbo limited

Stock plugs are good, gap about .035. On a Turbo I understand all you have to do is remove the plugs, the intake does NOT have to be removed. Any plug wires except stock, NAPA have been used by many on here.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Apr 2010, 03:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

True, the intake doesn't have to come off, but the plastic intake is tighter than the aluminum one - you'll need a shorter plug socket with a swivel on the end - and I put another swivel before the wrench and was able to do it.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Apr 2010, 06:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
True, the intake doesn't have to come off, but the plastic intake is tighter than the aluminum one - you'll need a shorter plug socket with a swivel on the end - and I put another swivel before the wrench and was able to do it.
Thank you for the Great info for my car. Glad to know the intake doesn't have to come off. Jay
Old 05 Apr 2010, 06:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by manzanman View Post
Thank you for the Great info for my car. Glad to know the intake doesn't have to come off. Jay
Even if it does, it isn't a big deal. Just use a bungee to hold it up and it is out of the way. The gaskets can be reused as they are "O" rings that sit in a groove. I have changed plugs in all 3 of our NA PT's with no problem. Be sure to use dialectic grease in the boots and anti-seize on the threads. Your have to torque the plugs, (I don't have the specs at hand), but someone will chime in.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Apr 2010, 09:08 pm
Young Cruiser

13 ft/lbs according to the spark plug guide
Spark Plug Guide
..a
Old 11 Apr 2010, 10:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Guys, just my two cents, I just replaced the plugs on my 08 Turbo, in order to do so I had to loosen up the intake plenum to get to the two inner plugs, there is no way that it can be done with out doing so.