PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
[Info req'd] Check timing and Replace intake gaskets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2010, 06:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to dsmturbo Send a message via Skype™ to dsmturbo
Default [Info req'd] Check timing and Replace intake gaskets

Sorry, but I have searched here and at PTCrew and I can not seem to locate a How to to :
Check timing on a 2005 GT

Replace intake manifold gaskets and/or swap aluminum intake for plastic intake? I know there is a parts list I can get plastic intake and gaskets etc from local Dealer, here is approx $300.00 or so. Dam

Is it worth it, or should I just get gaskets replaced on aluminum one?

I can't do it myself, but I might be able to get a friend/shop cheap to do it.

Any guidance/advise is greatly appreciated
Old 21 Apr 2010, 04:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: [Info req'd] Check timing and Replace intake gaskets

You can't adjust the timing. It is all controlled by the computer. If you get a Diablosport tuner you can play with parameters. I am sure someone here or at PTCrew.com can help you with that.

It is definitely worth doing the composite manifold in my opinion. That price sounds high though. I think I paid about $90 shipped for mine online.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come

Last edited by Cal Cruzer; 21 Apr 2010 at 04:19 pm. Reason: can't spell worth a damn
Old 21 Apr 2010, 07:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to dsmturbo Send a message via Skype™ to dsmturbo
Default Re: [Info req'd] Check timing and Replace intake gaskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Cruzer View Post
You can't adjust the timing. It is all controlled by the computer. If you get a Diablosport tuner you can play with parameters. I am sure someone here or at PTCrew.com can help you with that.

It is definitely worth doing the composite manifold in my opinion. That price sounds high though. I think I paid about $90 shipped for mine online.
Thanks Cal Cruiser, but can you just check the timing? I mean with a gun?

A composite manifold here is pricey, last year when I priced out at dealer, it was $285 with out vanity cover, I think. CDN dollars, but we are pretty close to par now with USD.
I'll contact dealer again this week perhaps. I think though, all I can afford at moment is to have gaskets replaced.