PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Battery replacement for 2005 Turbo Convertible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 May 2010, 02:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Battery replacement for 2005 Turbo Convertible.

What are the best replacement batteries out there. I've been looking around and seem to come up with Interstate and Die Hard so far. I feel the battery that was replaced 9 months ago is going bad, this was a replacement for the stock battery from AAA. The car spends time in Southern California and Northern California, would the two climates have messed with the battery? Thank you so much for any information you have.
Old 11 May 2010, 10:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Battery replacement for 2005 Turbo Convertible.

Have you had the battery tested? What are your symptoms? A slow crank could be other things like a bad ground, starter etc.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 11 May 2010, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi there Cal,

Here is my original post.
2005 PT Turbo convertible battery draining.
Old 11 May 2010, 07:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Johnson Controls makes Diehard, Duralast and Interstate batteries so it really doesnt matter which one you go with. Personally i like the gold duralast batteries from autozone.
Old 11 May 2010, 07:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you so much!
Old 11 May 2010, 11:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

We just got a Die Hard Gold. Wish us luck... Thank you for the help guys.
Old 12 May 2010, 02:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So the car barely started this morning with the new battery We are back to square one. We're thinking either the amp, security system, or the alternator now. Ugh....
Old 12 May 2010, 05:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
So the car barely started this morning with the new battery We are back to square one. We're thinking either the amp, security system, or the alternator now. Ugh....

Sorry Bro, some places like Pep Boys will check the alternator for free, maybe even Sears but I'm not sure. If it's good that means you have something draining the battery and sometimes it's hard to find. I had a car that the overhead light would go by itself sometimes and kill my battery, didn't believe it until one night I looked out in my driveway and my interior light was on. I fixed it the simple way I ripped out the light bulb.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 12 May 2010, 07:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Haha the simple way We thought we resolved the problem a few weeks ago because we noticed the drivers side vanity light would come on without us realizing, so we cut the wires to it.
So far the starter and the alternator have been tested three times and were fine, but there was a drain on the battery when the car was off. We were told that was a normal drain though and shouldn't effect the battery. The fog light fuse has been taken out and we've shut off the cabin and dashboard lights for the past month.
Old 17 May 2010, 03:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I am having the same battery drain issue. My fog lights would stay on so I pulled the fuse and it worked for a while, but now my battery is completely dead again. I know it is an electrical issue but now to nail it down. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Tags
2005, battery, convertible, turbo