Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2003, 04:26 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New Owner

I have had my Cruiser for about 4 months now and love it. Its a 2003 Dream Cruiser II #1350 that I got a deal on at least in IMHO I have been reading the post here for a while and through it was time to pop in and say hello!
I have a couple of mods on it nothing to much. Crome grill overlay, fuel cap, and removed the silencers and a K&N. Oh yea and a deflector for the sun roof. [8)]
Old 30 Oct 2003, 05:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get involved by posting questions, answers, and pictures. (we all like pictures [|)])

BTW, which grille overlay did you buy? Do you have a link to the site? How about a pic?

Thanks

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 30 Oct 2003, 05:39 pm
Young Cruiser

I got the overlay on Ebay and off hand I don`t remember who the seller was. I do have a question. Were do you attach a floor jack when lifting the front of the car? I know were to attach the jackstands but the sub frame is way back of the engine and I was not sure how to go about it. [xx(]
Dream II #1350 e & g grill, sunroof deflector, power antenna, Borla duels
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

to the forum--great place to obtain and share information. [^] Enjoy your new ride! [8)]
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by coopj40

I got the overlay on Ebay and off hand I don`t remember who the seller was. I do have a question. Were do you attach a floor jack when lifting the front of the car? I know were to attach the jackstands but the sub frame is way back of the engine and I was not sure how to go about it. [xx(]
RE: JACKING. Do a search and you will find a huge discussion on this subject. In my opinion, this is one of the hardest cars to jack up with a floor jack. I prefer Rhino ramps or even the stock jack to a floor jack. The rear is easy to jack up, it's the front that is a bear (esp. if lowered like mine).

Do the search and see what you find.

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 31 Oct 2003, 02:43 am
Fanatic Cruiser

If you have trouble getting a floor jack under the front, use a regular jack at one of DC's locations to raise it high enough to get a floor jack under. If you're going very high, a good floor jack is safer than the stock one. And... ALWAYS USE JACK STANDS.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:31 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks I did a search and found what I wanted. It was as I thought it was its just the car is so darn low in the front its just tough to get a jack under it. [^]
Dream II #1350 e & g grill, sunroof deflector, power antenna, Borla duels
Old 02 Nov 2003, 06:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !! enjoy your ride!![8)]
Old 02 Nov 2003, 07:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

WELCOME! My GT is lowered so I have to do the same thing 2sb suggested. Factory jack and then floor jack. Let us know what else you do to your GT. [8)]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic