Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need Help deciding what PT to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2010, 06:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need Help deciding what PT to buy

Hi everyone Im new to the PT forums. I currently own a 2004 neon R/T. I am deciding to trade it in on a PT. I have been searching to try to find answers to a few questions but not so much luck. First Im looking for a PT cruiser with the 2.4L turbo. I want power to play around with. Which PT should I look for and stay away from? Obv. a 5-speed GT would be the first choice but they are so rare to find. I found a 2004 platinum series Turbo a couple miles from my house. Mod wise how far would I be able to take this thing and how well will that 4speed auto hold up. Thanks
Old 09 Jun 2010, 06:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need Help deciding what PT to buy

The engines in the "turbo lite" and the GT are identical - only programming sets them apart - if you get a Stage 1 CPU from dealer or used you will have the same as a GT on Stage 1.
The auto isn't THAT bad, be sure to have it flushed with ATF + 4, and do not "get on it" in 4th, have it kick down to 3rd befopre burying pedal.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Jun 2010, 06:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ok thanks.
Old 09 Jun 2010, 07:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You don't say where you are, but here's a 5-speed GT:
PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Old 09 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Im in PA. I went and checked out one at the dealership today. He wanted $8900 for a 04 platinum series with 59000mi. Is that alittle high? I found a bunch on autotrader for $6900 with around the + or - 10000mi.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 05:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Look on auto trader, craigslist, cars.com

I got a 06 GT 5 spd convert with 41K miles for 10K$ private party. KBB was about 13K dealer, and 11K Private.

I found most of the private party cruisers were better condition, ones on used car lots were terrible.

Be patient and take your time. Find one where someone has records and the car is clean and in good condition. THey are out there. If your not car savy have a mechanic check it before you agree to buy.

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 10 Jun 2010, 09:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to IMIEIW

Keep looking, I got a steal from a Nissan dealer. 2005 GT HO with 47K for under $8000. They are around
Old 10 Jun 2010, 11:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

2003 GT is alot of fun with a 5speed except when I have had to pay for repairs....waterpump....rad...fan...ac charge...brakes....cam sensor....timing belt...tires....lets PRAY its all good till I sell it
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 12 Jun 2010, 09:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

DINGO:What part of PA are you in?MJB