Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Installed an inline filter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2003, 07:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Installed an inline filter

I installed an inline gas filter to prevent oil from getting into my intake. The filter was under $4. I understand some folks got hassled because they used a filter that vented into the atmosphere. This would solve that problem.

Old 02 Nov 2003, 09:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sorry, but where did you run the other end to, who's CAI is that and where can I get one? Looks real good. Do you know if it is as loud as BGT?
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 02 Nov 2003, 10:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thats an AMX1397 Intake. Jim Barnes makes them. There is a vacum port hidden on the other side of the Chrome tube connected to the filter. E-Mail amx1397 for info on the Intake and pricing etc. I also have one, the turbo up intake is 3" to the filter, with no restriction. I have heard both the BTG and the amx1397. The AMX1397 is louder and supplies more clean air to the turbocharger due to the increased diameter of the clean air piping used. I like it better than the BTG for performance, and its almost as pretty.......

Old 03 Nov 2003, 02:09 am
Veteran Cruiser

This is Jim's email address: amx1397@aol.com
I like Jim's CAI, too. Running a 2" hose from the opening next to the driver's side fog light up to the fenderwell hole supplies lots of cold air to it.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 03 Nov 2003, 04:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

I now only sell to the ptcuriserslinks members the amx1397 intake delevered for $270.00 and or the oil filter both kinds dump into atmosphere and the one that does not dump into the atmosphere either are 15.95 + 3.95 shipping or you can go to pep boys and buy everything for about 8.00 and build it yourself email if you want pic,
the reason the amx1397 intake is better, is the looks, the nose,the increase boost, the increase power and you can here your turbo the way you are supposed to, OH so can every one next to you.