PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A strange request

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2003, 08:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default A strange request

I have a bit of a strange request for you guys so bear with me

I my car in for service today and when I got it back something didn't look right. Sitting in the drivers seat I noticed I could see a fair bit of space between the top of the hood and the black plastic at the base of the windshield.

My inital thought was that the hood was bent (lousy prop rod). However I looked at the hood and all the lines around the hood line and it looks OK. So now I think I am just being Paranoid as there appears to be NO damage to the hood at all but I still don't remember being able to see that gap.

Now to my request. Can someone with an '03 GT tell me if they can get their hand between the hood and the plastic cowl on the drivers side but not on the passenger?? I am able to get my hand in all the way to the base of my fingers on the drivers side but just the tips of my fingers on the passenger side.

Thanks for the help guys and gals. I certainly hope it is just Paranioa but it is really bothering me.
Old 04 Nov 2003, 08:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Yup! I can get my hand under the driver's side easily, but not the other side.
John
2003 GT Silver, factory flames, pinstripes, BTG duals, stage 1, 3 silencers removed, K&N dropin, Suspension Techniques sways, BTG strut brace, 17X8 Sport Edition wheels, Yokohama 245-40 AVS ES100 tires, RED calipers, Hidden Hitch
Old 04 Nov 2003, 08:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I can get my hand in all the way. I doubt if you have a problem so you can breath easy.

The first thing I did to my car was to install Blane hood struts. You might want to do it for peace of mind.

Get them here: http://home.pcmagic.net/blajess/

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 04 Nov 2003, 08:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Bah

I am just being Paranoid. I just really don't remember that hood sitting up so high on the driver's side. It's funny what you notice when you are Paranoid.

It has to go back for the PCM replacement next week. Maybe I'll ask to sit in another GT just to ease my mind.

--------
2003 Silver GT
PT Cruiser 3rd Brk cling, APC GEN2 Eurotails. BTG Intake. StreetGlow Gold Series underglow kit \"Green\". BTG Strut tower Brace.
Old 04 Nov 2003, 08:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have been putting off getting the hood struts. They are now promoted to the VERY top of my list.

--------
2003 Silver GT
PT Cruiser 3rd Brk cling, APC GEN2 Eurotails. BTG Intake. StreetGlow Gold Series underglow kit \"Green\". BTG Strut tower Brace.
Old 04 Nov 2003, 10:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I love mine. I hate my prop rod but don't want to remove it. It is a PITA to get out of the retainer.
Love my hood struts...got them in inferno red ( another part of the car I get to wax.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 05 Nov 2003, 05:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

YA dude get the hood struts, that'll be a nice addition for when I take the car over

AC
Old 05 Nov 2003, 05:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

i'm pretty sure that they will fit on the convertable too.

Nice try though...[|)]

--------
2003 Silver GT