Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what mods should i do BOV/ Stage 1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Nov 2003, 02:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default what mods should i do BOV/ Stage 1?

I have a completely stock 2003 Dreamcruiser. I have a K&N that goes in the stock filter box but i haven't put that in yet. besides that i have added nothing to it.

I know i want to get the Mopar blow off valve kit because i love the way BOVs sound.

aside from that, i am looking for performace increases. I would love a Stage 1, but that is currently out of my price range and i don't like the possibility of warranty issues.

I hear there are some noise reducers in the intake that can be removed. does it sound better without them? more importantly is there a performance gain.

How about a boost controller? anyone have one of those? I'm thinking about that, but don't want to damage the engine. i hear that an additional 2 PSI or so is ok. is that true?

thanks
Old 06 Nov 2003, 05:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Get the Stage 1 and enjoy!
Old 06 Nov 2003, 12:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the forum cpalm1!!

I'm in the same boat basically as you, I know it's just a matter of time before you start to get many replies to the questions you have, in the meantime you can use the search function at the top right of this page, you may be able to answer your own questions with the results.

This is what I plan on:

Mopar BOV on its way.
Eibach Anti Roll Kit
Lowering springs and shocks/struts
Mopar stage one.
New rubber -later.

Old 06 Nov 2003, 01:07 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

My recommendation would be to start off by putting in the K & N drop-in perfoamance air filter and adding a straight-through exhaust system, like the BTG...

Then, go from there...[8)] And, welcome to the forum--you should be able to get many good ideas from the people here.
Old 06 Nov 2003, 02:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

On a budget, first gut the factory air box and pu in the K&N, you will love it. Not alot of sound but nice HP gains. Then if you cant afford a complet exhaust system, just put on a performance muffler, better sound and a little more HP gains. Bov is not a HP gain but it sounds GREAT and it saves the life of the turbo. And we are still in the low end of $$$$. And for the cheapest mod that will make you smile like a fool, check out on this forum about the mod that can cause the P1188 code. This code seems to be very rare and no biggie if it rears its little ugly head. This mod cost about 60 cents less & than a minute to do and you can undo it as fast as you do it. I have been running this mod for a little while with no problems AT ALL, just stump pullin power. Keep puttin away the pennies for the Stage One cause that one is worth every dime.
And welcome to the group. MOTOR ON
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 06 Nov 2003, 02:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the replys guys. I just thought of something. my cruiser is an automatice. will the BOV still make it's awesome sound during the shifts? also does a BOV make sound every time you let off the gas, or just if the engine is abouve a certain RPM?
Old 06 Nov 2003, 02:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

it'll make noise as long as you boost and let go of the gas pedal.
Save some money for stage one. Stock box is fine,CAI's are questioanble in turbo's. Read some of the links in performance section on the matter.
BOV is nice, i have one on mine and like the sound. A freer breathing exhaust might be a good start. If you are wram weather or don't live by the ocean, you can probably go custom aluminized or non-stainless.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html