Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Blown Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jul 2010, 09:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Blown Motor

need a little help..I blew two LARGE holes in the block..

I have found a couple used motors but how do I know I am getting a 2.4 tubor H/O and not just a turbo motor
Forgot to mention mine is an 05 ragtop GT..have been told by some, cam and valves, others say larger turbo..others say same motor just different computer..have motor numbers from one of the used motors but dealer says no help ashe is unable to find anything by number

thanks

Last edited by DFOTOPRO; 03 Jul 2010 at 09:22 am.
Old 03 Jul 2010, 09:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Blown Motor

I didn't read it but maybe this will answer your question. I just looked it up in the search system on this forum.

180HP turbo lite and 215HP turbo difference.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Jul 2010, 09:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The longblocks are the same, the reason the turbo lite has less HP is because its not intercooled and runs less boost....

But of course. you could just specifically look for a motor from a PT GT or a neon SRT 4
Old 04 Jul 2010, 09:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

what I am trying to find out is what makes the H/O different than the standard tubro????
Old 04 Jul 2010, 11:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

PCM is the only difference, same block, same turbo, same intercooler etc. Lite was detuned to run on 87 octane.
2004 GT, 5spd, Stage1, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 2.5" Catback, 3" O2, 3" Needswings Catless DP, Mopar BOV, NGK Iridiums, Mopar Wires, Aeroforce Interceptor w/wideband kit, Vibrant Catch Can, Prothane Inserts, AMX1397 upper and lower pipes, Plastic Intake, Hurst STS, S2 WGA, Factory Sub and now Alky Injected!
Old 05 Jul 2010, 12:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLCruiser View Post
PCM is the only difference, same block, same turbo, same intercooler etc. Lite was detuned to run on 87 octane.
i thought they had no intercooler and ran lower boost as well?

I guess what you said would explain why adding a S1 would put a turbo lite above stock GT levels...
Old 05 Jul 2010, 10:44 am
Regular Cruiser

Lower boost is correct, it is controlled by the PCM. So adding stg 1 PCM will increase boost levels. But all have the intercooler as far as I know.
2004 GT, 5spd, Stage1, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 2.5" Catback, 3" O2, 3" Needswings Catless DP, Mopar BOV, NGK Iridiums, Mopar Wires, Aeroforce Interceptor w/wideband kit, Vibrant Catch Can, Prothane Inserts, AMX1397 upper and lower pipes, Plastic Intake, Hurst STS, S2 WGA, Factory Sub and now Alky Injected!
Old 05 Jul 2010, 12:05 pm
Banned

The ONLY differance is the PCM. They all have the same intercoolers, etc. The one exception is that the 03's have smaller injectors. Thats why when you want to put the Stage 1 on an 03 the kit is more expensive than the following years because it includes the injectors that are already part of the 04 and up turbo motors.

Jerry
Old 06 Jul 2010, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
The ONLY differance is the PCM. They all have the same intercoolers, etc. The one exception is that the 03's have smaller injectors. Thats why when you want to put the Stage 1 on an 03 the kit is more expensive than the following years because it includes the injectors that are already part of the 04 and up turbo motors.

Jerry
Completely correct. And, since the "turbo lite" only came out starting in '04, all turbo lites have the later injectors.
Get one with a composite intake - '05 turbos started with aluminum intakes, but switched to plastic(composite) and the plastic is better (except when changing plugs).

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles