Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo controller conection!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Turbo controller conection!!!

I follow a thread here that indicate where to install a turbo boost controller just like in the pictures Im posting here but Im not getting any changes in my boost!!! I have a racing wastegate that is mecanical and I already have a set up around 10 psi! I want to be around 12 to 14 psi! I dont know if the problem is the location of my Boost controller or the wastegate! Does anybody knows another location for the boost controller that really works? Thank you!!!

Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Turbo controller conection!!!

This is a quote from Jim (amx1397) over on PTCrew.

Quote:
Installation Procedure.

1. Remove the five 10mm bolts holding on the top portion of the heat shield. (You might want to use WD-40, Liquid Wrench, or PB Blaster to help in the removal process of the bolts.)
2. Remove factory actuator by pulling the pin out of the flapper arm and taking out the two 12mm bolts holding the body to the compressor housing.
3. Line the new bracket assembly up to the compressor housing and tighten down the two 12mm mounting bolts. Hand tight will work just fine.
4. Loosen the jamb nut on the arm so you can adjust the length of the rod end to match up to the flapper arm on the manifold. Pull the flapper arm towards the driver’s side of the vehicle so the flapper door is closed.
5. Slip the rod end over the flapper arm and reinstall the pin to hold in place. At this point you want to make certain there is a little tension on the wastegate actuator. Turn the adjustment nut towards the firewall of the vehicle about one full turn.
6. You may need to bend the corner of your heat shield a tiny bit to clear the new actuator rod, and reinstall.

Adjusting the Actuator

In order to achieve the best performance out of this modification, you will need to “preload” the tension on the actuator. This is accomplished by loosening the jamb nut from the rod end and turning the adjustment nut towards the firewall. Every car is different, so there is no set number of turns to get the correct tension. Start out with your boost controller completely open (lowest boost possible) and adjust the tension on the wastegate actuator so that the car will produce approximately 14-15 psi of boost. Once you have achieved 14-15 psi without a boost controller, tighten the jamb nut against the rod end and start turning the boost up with the boost controller (The Turbo XS HPBC and SBC work great) until you have reached the desired boost. This process may take a while to dial in perfectly, but it’s definitely worth it. Keep in mind that you might not want to take the car beyond 15 psi at redline because you are reaching the limit of the stock fuel system.

Z1500 BOOST CONTROLLER
12-19-2003, 01:33 AM The proper way to run your vacuum lines for your WGA-

From the factory you have a green line coming off the turbo's compressor housing going to solenoid #2. And you have a black line going from solenoid #2 to the factory WGA. You want to disconnect these lines and not use them at all. You want to run a vacuum line from the now unused nipple on the turbo. Run that line into your boost controller (or at lease a home made air bleed). Then a line from the boost controller to the WGA. It's just that simple. If you tap into the blue line you are going to make your stock BOV leak real bad.

Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

But yeah, in my opinion, it sounds like you don't have the boost controller installed correctly, since the wastegate is still opening at 10psi.

Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris15 View Post
This is a quote from Jim (amx1397) over on PTCrew.
Ohhhh k that sounds good to me!!! Im going to give it a try! Thanks my brother your the best! By the way do you have this set up in yours?
Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Nah, I'm still n/a for now, until August. I will be running a manual boost controller, though, so I've had that page bookmarked for awhile.

Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Nah, I'm still n/a for now, until August. I will be running a manual boost controller, though, so I've had that page bookmarked for awhile.

Cool bro!! Yeah I think I have that controller in the wrong spot too so this week Im on it and I will keep you post it!!!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sounds good to me. Yeah, Jim mentions something about a blue hose, and I definitely don't see a blue hose in that pic. :P

Old 12 Jul 2010, 06:00 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Sounds good to me. Yeah, Jim mentions something about a blue hose, and I definitely don't see a blue hose in that pic. :P
Blue? I will let you know if I found it!
Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey I will be working on the car today. I keep you posted.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sounds good man. Let me know.