Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A few Pictures...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Aug 2010, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wink A few Pictures...

Just thought I would show a few pics of my "soon-to-be-PT"! Wasnt sure where to post, so if it is in the wrong place, please move it! ^_^

Front:

Side:

Back:

Interior:

"Body Storage"

Engine Bay:

There are more pic on my carmax transfer page, and of course I will have more pix of my PT Hearse when it arrives! ^_^ Soon I hope, as the 14th day will be next Saturday so maybe sometime this coming week! <3 Meagan

ps fun pix:

My Hairless (Sphynx) Cat, Jaeden:

My other ride, Minus the hair:

Nudity-Free Back-tat pic:
Old 06 Aug 2010, 09:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: A few Pictures...

Hey their Meagan,

Cool PT, Cat, Bike, and Tats.

Hope to see ya around the Forum.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 06 Aug 2010, 09:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: A few Pictures...

;3 Thanks! Your car is my "numbah wun supah awesome favorite" LOL! Evvvvvery dream cruiser I see here in the Houston/Baytown area is that nasty pimptastic gold....NOT my favorite! :< I was also looking around for the old-style small window conversion that some one around here had....I kinda feel like going with a rat-rod/hearse/mobster theme, but Im not really sure yet.

Hearse is probably out cause I like the old school mobster style more...When these first came out, all i could think of was a old 1940's gangsta movie with pinstripes, tommy guns and fedoras.....I think I might just go with that theme LOL!

edit: and PS- I think I might use your interior how-to and paint the cluster/gauge/airbag panels black w/gray pinstripes LOL
Old 06 Aug 2010, 10:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum Kitty.

I didn't get a good shot of the PT, but at a PT show in the Carolina's there was a couple that did the whole 9 yards with the gangster theme.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Aug 2010, 10:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ROFL! That is GREAT! /giggle
Old 07 Aug 2010, 01:07 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey Kitty,

Thank you for the props on my ride! I big time appreciate it!

The PT does fit really well in the rat rod category especially if done right. Here is a good example of one in the traditional flat black, red old school steel stocker wheels, cool custom side pipes, custom wing, and I am always a sucker for slamming a Cruiser to the ground.

To me that's definitely got an element of coolness about it for sure. Whenever ya get to looking for customizing ideas anyways, please feel free to look me up if you need anything as I always have a few ideas here and there to offer up should ya need anything.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 07 Aug 2010, 03:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Dad-gum Candyman! You DO have an archive of pics! Now you have my mental juices flowing straight from imaginationland....The more I look at the interior pics, the more I want to re-do the console like you did....Silver just doesnt look right against all black to me, which is what mine has. I am also leaning towards going green/black theme...Like I said before it was so much to think about before, but your photobucket link just made it worse! LOL! How much would something like repainting the dash panels (gauges/radio/airbag) run me if I hired a professional?

I have never had anything custom done to a car, but This is the one I have a feeling I will be keeping for a VERY long time! ;3

PS-I also kinda wanna dump the GPS/Navi system that it comes with since I know my way around Houston pretty well. :< Maybe replace with a dvd player? hurr hurr......
Old 07 Aug 2010, 07:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Kittysnax

Nice looking PT and bike. Is that Dr Evils cat Mr Bigglesworth?

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 07 Aug 2010, 08:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Re: A few Pictures...

MISS Bigglesworth! LOL! AKA-Grandma Wrinkles, fatty, sprinkles(sphynx wrinkles), ol' lady, and 'tardzilla....but we mainly call her Jaeden. ROFL!
Old 07 Aug 2010, 09:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey their Kitty,

Hahaha, yeah I do got a bit of a collection going on their huh?. I actually have about double that right now waiting to be better organized and put into a better Photobucket arrangement as the current set up has a few glitches with it. What can I say, I'm a PT photo junkie.

A lot of the cost of redoing your dash parts really depends on the style your going for. To do them the expensive way like I did with stripping them down, prepping them and re-shooting them with 3-4 coats of a nice waterborne acrylic enamel base coat followed by 3-4 coats of acrylic urethane clear coat done professionally in a booth, and all, your looking at a cost of around $300.00 - $350.00 mainly cause of the high cost of the new waterborne paint which is now required by new Government EPA Reg's!

On the other hand, if you were a bit more on the artistic side of tings and were going for the more Rat look, I might be able to help you kick around a more cost effective approach one of these days if you might like using some cheaper materials, and still get a pretty cool look.

Or I have a couple other tricks up my sleeve for doing cool interior parts up as well if you like. There are lots of cool possibilities. Its just in what look your going for, and how you want to go about getting their.

To be honest, something like this would be a pretty sweet start to a greenish rat rodish old school vibe to your PT for real. I could totally see this kind of a look with some old school white leather tuck and roll seats with the headrests shaved, maybe the dash recovered in white with some chrome accents, and a custom center piece built into the rear seat with a single speaker built in like the old Impalas used to have. For some reason I can just picture you with an old school kinda thing happening. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Check this look out and tell me what your thoughts are.

Satin turquoise, either a real white ragtop, or just a white top insert, possibly some type of woody kit if one can be found. This one used to be available from Cal Cruiser's but he went out of business some time ago though it would have been a cool addition to the look, and their are still other woody kits out their., maybe either red, or white painted old school smoothie wheels with chrome mooneyes center hubcaps with white walls, Chrome bumper covers, and definitely dropped either on Goldline Super Slammer Springs which will give you a 2.75" drop up front, and 3.25" drop out back which is the lowest spring kit available on the market right now, or preferably air ride like mine is so you can adjust your ride height up and down at will, and still get that ultra slammed look whenever you want to show off.

Then I might complete the overall look with maybe a set of running boards, maybe a continental kit, and maybe a visor over the windshield, and maybe instead of those tail lights, I might do some of the old school teardrops from Ray over at PTeazer. to complete the look.

That is one thought anywayz. Their are a million different things you can do to a PT, which is one of the things that make it so cool.

If you ever need someone to run more ideas or thoughts by, or anything in between, please be sure to let me know anytime and I would be more than happy to try to kick ideas around anytime.

Last edited by Candyman; 07 Aug 2010 at 09:50 pm.