Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 GT - Swapped Engine Vaccum Hose problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2010, 02:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 GT - Swapped Engine Vaccum Hose problem

One more question with my new PT GT 2006 with the replaced engine. The DS who did the engine replacement for the prior owner kinda hooked up my vaccum hoses to the best of his ability. And considering he didn't tighten my motor mount bolts on 2 separate mounts. My vaccum situation is nuts....I just spent $200 at chrysler for a new vaccum harness and all connections because some are obviously missing. I.E. back of turbo near firewall wasn't hooked to anything and the 3 tube connector at the firewall above the brake booster with the orange clip on it. Doesn't have a second half with the tan and grey plastic hoses comming out. Just one line connected to the Turbo BOV or SVA.

I have checked the diagram and routed most of the hoses properly but still getting check engine 2074 code. Fast or after some driving depending on how I route the hoses.

Can anyone help me with visual on where these hoses end up. I have 4 fittings on the turbo. 1 on the inlet hose to the turbo (capped). One on the inlet hose between the IC and the TB. And a number of other issues. I could really use some High RES photos with your air filter boxes off of the around the turbo vaccum lines and brake booster area and a good identification of what is the SVA-Surge Valve Actuator(Is this the BOV located on the turbo). Which hose hooks to the back of the turbo. Which one goes to the upper item i.e. Wastegate Valve?.

The diagram is ok. But a Photo is worth 1000 words.....

As close to 2006 GT cruiser as possible would really help me cause some of the line colors vary in different years.

Anything will help...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 08:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 GT - Swapped Engine Vaccum Hose problem

post a pic of your areas in question and we can lead you step by step through the rest. The first setup you described sounded like a selinoid delete mod... but this is merely a "visual" mod to eliminate all of the rats nest of vac lines.
50trim (2 Weeks)
Stage 3 (3 months)
Big Wheel Stage 3 (6 months) my Fav
Holset HX35 (6 months) 700whp turbo
Stock turbo its a daily driver now

I've done this once or twice before...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:20 am
Cool Cruiser

id throw up a pic of mine but i have pretty much all my stuff bypassed. if you throw up a pic/s of the sinloids and the lines near the turbo we can talk you through it.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:32 am
Cool Cruiser

here is the way you should route your lines. this is stock.

looking at the blue lines on the digram
the top one should come from the firewall near the solenoids and trace all the way back to the black 4 way vac thing with 2 lines leading one to the "T" in the lines comming out the turbo and the other going back to the intake pipe
the middle one goes to the stock surge valve
the bottom one goes to the throttle body

the redlines
the top one connects onto the coldside pipe just before the throttle body on the plastic piece.
the bottom line connect to the TIP sensor on the firewall

green lines
top one runs from the back of the turbo
the other runs to the WGA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock_Lines.JPG (40.6 KB, 78 views)

Nevin.

3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:37 am
Cool Cruiser

now the line comming out the PCV valve should run about 1 ft and connect to the back side of the intake manifold near the firewall just above the upper heat shield and coilpack.

now another line should run from the intake manifold down to the brake booster on the drivers side.

Nevin.

Old 10 Aug 2010, 07:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Post a pic of what your looking at and I will snap a pic, have an 06 GT Stick

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you for the diagram and the instructions.

I got the two harnesses from Chrysler today. I was missing the second harness and it has a number of critical parts, tees etc that connect all this stuff together. I.E. note how many connections are made to that air cleaner line just before the turbo on the inlet hose. All that stuff was missing on mine. Having that harness helped mucho.

I also found a lady today in her GT at the store and begged her to let me check under the hood. I can't believe she didn't freak out.

I spent a couple of hours and put it all together right and bam no check engine lights perfect idle and running conditions.
Spinning tires all the way through 1st gear and half way through second with the Auto Tranny.

I now know way more than I ever wanted about the Stock Turbo vaccum control system. Took it to the smog guy and passed the CA smog test now I can register it and get my plates no problem. Then I can start with the mods... Good learning experience, now I can put that stock system back together in a heart beat.

Cruise on guys thank you for the great feedback and diagram. It was all hanging in my engine compartment for reference while I did the job.

Next step Boost Gauge and a Wide Band fuel/air mix Gauge. And what else do you recommend I keep tabs on?

Does anyone know of a sleeper style Gauge holder that goes more out of the way?
I have a convertible and don't really want the Gauges up on the Pillar.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 09:38 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendelltu View Post
Thank you for the diagram and the instructions.

I got the two harnesses from Chrysler today. I was missing the second harness and it has a number of critical parts, tees etc that connect all this stuff together. I.E. note how many connections are made to that air cleaner line just before the turbo on the inlet hose. All that stuff was missing on mine. Having that harness helped mucho.

I also found a lady today in her GT at the store and begged her to let me check under the hood. I can't believe she didn't freak out.

I spent a couple of hours and put it all together right and bam no check engine lights perfect idle and running conditions.
Spinning tires all the way through 1st gear and half way through second with the Auto Tranny.

I now know way more than I ever wanted about the Stock Turbo vaccum control system. Took it to the smog guy and passed the CA smog test now I can register it and get my plates no problem. Then I can start with the mods... Good learning experience, now I can put that stock system back together in a heart beat.

Cruise on guys thank you for the great feedback and diagram. It was all hanging in my engine compartment for reference while I did the job.

Next step Boost Gauge and a Wide Band fuel/air mix Gauge. And what else do you recommend I keep tabs on?

Does anyone know of a sleeper style Gauge holder that goes more out of the way?
I have a convertible and don't really want the Gauges up on the Pillar.
(clapping) awesome congrats!!!

a wideband and boost gauge is all you really need but to keep you from cluttering the dash up with gauges might i suggest this one.
Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Interceptor
it monitors 40 different parameters but displays 2 at a time that you set and can scroll thought them when every you want and hook up is as easy as just plug into your OBD2 port.

what you can do as for the guages is
go to autozone, pepboys, Orelly, advance, parts+ and fine one of these

and mount them like this on the steering column:

i have my guages mounted on my Neon like that on the column. My wifes is on the piller.

Nevin.

Old 12 Aug 2010, 05:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Those are ok up on the column. I was hoping there was a foldaway or something for down low on the dash. Up for cruising and fold down for Kicking A$$..

I am looking into one of those multiple monitors/programmers that does a few functions.

Still want that nice wideband and boost set I saw in another thread.