PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
exhaust flame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2010, 09:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT
Default exhaust flame

i was wanting to know is there a way to have our car run rich like the subaru do when they put on a BOV cuz i love to shot a flame from my exhaust
Old 24 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: exhaust flame

, its requiers lots of stuff to do it,,
1 a flame kit,, not quite what i think you want,,
sprak plug and fuel injector thing in your exhaust,
2, you have to run it way way rich and have a farily open exhaust system,
and its not good for your turbo, when you declerate, yoll get burps,
if you have a predator, you mght be able to adjust the settings to get it to happen, , though not sure,

with my hahn turbo, i used to get it all the time,,
by haveng the fuel press reg, adjusted very rich,,
and my cat was hollow, with a 2.5 exhaust
but
the fact is , you are running ineffecient,
and thats a by product,
be happy,
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

the reason why Subbies, EVOs, Eclipises, and Talons do it is because there MAF (mass air flow sensor) read, the computer reads the air comming just after the air filter and adds fuel, when you get rid of the recirc by adding an aftermarket BOV the computer thinks the air is still in the system instead of slowing the air down next to the MAF where it re enters it keeps that air fuel mixture the same instead and that increase in fuel ignites in the exhaust pipe and blows a flame out the back.

since our readings are taken after the throttle body our computers will know the right amount of air and fuel to add in to the engine for a proper combustion so we dont waist fuel and blow flames.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

if you do richen up the fuel enough to blow a flame your hurting your performance because the engine cant ignite all the fuel your adding and your waisting fuel.

Nevin.

3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 31 Aug 2010, 08:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT

ok so snice im not shoutting flames i hear loud pops when i shift so i guess thats a good thing then
Old 01 Sep 2010, 11:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviPTGT View Post
ok so snice im not shoutting flames i hear loud pops when i shift so i guess thats a good thing then
Snaps, crackles, pops, girgles are normal and found when you dont have a muffler and are more pronounced when you dont have a cat.

if you WOT shift or bounce off the rev limiter you can shoot a small lil flame when driving.

Nevin.