Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bad Luck for Me.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 2003, 06:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Bad Luck for Me.......

Looks like I'll be without the cruiser for a while. Early this AM on my way home, While traveling@ 40MPH (which is rare for me) in a very suburban area, I had a deer dart out of the trees and introduce itself to the front end of my cruiser. I was in the right lane and the trees were no further than 10-12 Feet from the road. One second it was not there, and the next second it was there. I hit my brakes, with absolutely NO CHANCE of stopping. The deer tumbled and rolled for about 120 feet and was down for the count. I can't open the hood yet because its sprung too badly. I drove it the 2 miles home with no power steering. I couldn't see any trans fluid or oil leaking so I drove it home. Went back & got the incident report, and calles the insurance co this AM. It makes me sick just to look at it. There is still some fur embedded in the pass side headlight and driver side grill. I look at it and wonder if it'll ever be the same again [xx(] .....

Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry about your bad luck, Gear Head. When I lived up in Maryland in western Howard County, all three in my family had accidents with deer. Me in my Z24, my wife in her Geo and my son in his Talon. I finally put some of those supid looking "deer horns" on mine and the wife's car (son refused to be seen with them), but they seem to work.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry about your accident "GearHead". I did many miles in the "Thumb" of Michigan in the afternoons and evenings, I did put a set of those "Deer Horns" on a Dakota I had, drove past a whole herd in a field, they moastly moved AWAY from the area. I was VERY lucky and NEVER his one. There were many traffic reports of deer being hit in that farming area. [8)]
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

hey gear that sucks, BUT look at this as an opportunity to make some changes. if the body shop will work with you. get a ram air hood, different fascia and who knows what else.

like they say rebuild her bigger and better.

you have my email and # if i can help in anyway

tommy
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Gear_Head, Sorry to hear about your misfortune ... Just think of it this way the car can be repaired, you are ok.. Friends can't be replaced.. the deer well .. [:0]

Moondoggie![8D]
Founding Director
Houston City Cruisers
www.houstoncitycruisers.com
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

November is the heart of the mating season for them, and produces the most deer strikes,at least here in GA.
I would have at least had the deer processed and maybe mount the rack, lol!

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Ouch, that hurts! But as mentioned above it could have been worst. Also as mentioned above, great time to add different hood or front fa

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 16 Nov 2003, 07:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Tough luck ,Alan ! Knowing you it'll be better than before ! Sorry it happened but as others stated ,use this as an opportunity to further customize your GT and have your ins. company pay . You know that's how mine got it's crusher front and xenon sides,lol !
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 16 Nov 2003, 09:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks all for the kind words and especially the encouragement. After a day for it to sink in, I'm ready to pick up the pieces and get to work. Again, Thanks...
Old 16 Nov 2003, 10:34 am
Cool Cruiser

Gear Head, got to tell you I am not to crazy about your new mods. I have always liked the way you had your PT. One of the best on here.
Keep your chin up, time goes so fast and you'll be back on track in no time...
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt