Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
turbo bigger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default turbo bigger?

hi all i have an 05 pt cruiser touring edition and it is a turbo, ok so my question is can i fit a larger turbo on her to get the gt cruisers hp? or am i going hp crazy lol.also i cannot find a stage 1 anywhere.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to kingofyo1 Send a message via MSN to kingofyo1 Send a message via Yahoo to kingofyo1 Send a message via Skype™ to kingofyo1
Default Re: turbo bigger?

none of us can find a stage 1 except for the manual guys.. lucky b*st**ds. its been said that with supporting mods, you can put a fairly large turbo on your system. just make sure you can support the turbo, with larger injectors and stuff like that
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't have a turbo but I thought I read where the Diablo Predator can do a lot for the turbo engines when the Stage 1 can't be found.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 01:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I don't have a turbo but I thought I read where the Diablo Predator can do a lot for the turbo engines when the Stage 1 can't be found.
Probably from the Diablo Predator people!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 31 Aug 2010, 03:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofyo1 View Post
none of us can find a stage 1 except for the manual guys.. lucky b*st**ds. its been said that with supporting mods, you can put a fairly large turbo on your system. just make sure you can support the turbo, with larger injectors and stuff like that
Why can't you find a S1 for an '05? They made S1 for MTX and ATX.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 31 Aug 2010, 07:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Diablo Predator can get it to stage 1 levels as far as engine, but it can not get it to stage 1 levels on the auto trans (better. firmer shift points)

Manual cars dont need the stage1, just get the Predator.

As for the turbo, all the factory turbos put out the same HP, its just the factory computers that tell it how much HP you have.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 01:18 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to kingofyo1 Send a message via MSN to kingofyo1 Send a message via Yahoo to kingofyo1 Send a message via Skype™ to kingofyo1

Personally, I have a 03 PT and it's a pain to try to find a S1 for my auto tranny. I've just about given up to be honest. Maybe someone will come out with another deal with a tuner that can tune the tranny part of the PCM as well *hopefully* On the other hand, 05 year model S1's are a tad bit easier to find that part for. Easier still is if he has a manual transmission and doesnt need the S1, he could just do DSP tune
Old 01 Sep 2010, 11:20 am
Cool Cruiser

back on topic/

the engine is the same as the NSRT-4 except for the intake manifold so you can find any turbo kit(AGP has some good kits) and bolt it on just as long as you have the supporting mods like full exhaust (downpipe back), injectors, DSP or SAFC (DSP is 3 pts fuel tuning and SAFC is 16pts fuel tuning), intake, external bov, fuel pump.

the only real limiting factor with the PT is no one makes a good IC for the car, AGP left the market for the PT's IC years ago, some guy take stock cores and adds a bigger core but the problem with the PT's IC is the bottle neck on the end tanks. (1.5") you can run a bigger turbo on the PT just cant push alot of boost because the stocker wont be able to support it to the turbos fullest, best bet is to have one custom made if you dont feel like spending $800 for a swapped core.

to aid in cooling you can add an intercooler sprayer or CO2 chiller, then add meth/water injection.

good luck!!

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 02 Sep 2010, 02:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: turbo bigger?

Thank you guys for your time and advice! much appreciated have a great holiday weekend!!