Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2003 GT Turbo - coolant fan spins too fast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2003 GT Turbo - coolant fan spins too fast

I have a 2003 GT Turbo and recently the fan statred spinning so fast I could hear it over the radio and in slow traffic it would start to over heat. I took it to the shop and was advised that the coolant control module/fan was bad and they replaced it. I did not drive the car all weekend long and when I drove to work this morning I could hear the fan spinning so fast that I could hear it again over the radio - although it did not threaten to over heat. I am taking it back to the shop as I heve never heard the fan do this in the almost 8 years I have had the car. Any ideas? Also - a lot of the time I start the car, the oil warning lamp stays on and if I turn off the car and re-start - the oil warninglamp goes off....what gives? I have less than 76K miles and had a higher expectation of quality.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch
Old 13 Sep 2010, 02:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 GT Turbo - coolant fan spins too fast

8 years, 76,000 miles, 2 problems and had a higher expectation of quality ???
I'll let someone else help you with your answers.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 03:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Are you saying that they replaced the temp sensor or they fan? Do you notice any gurgling sound? Any loss of coolant anywhere? You could just have a bad radiator cap or a bad thermostat.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 13 Sep 2010, 03:35 pm
Banned

to modify Crewzins comment "8 years---76,000---2 problems" how do we put up with these pos vehicles! I agree Crewzin, I agree.

Jerry
Old 13 Sep 2010, 03:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchwhigham View Post
I have a 2003 GT Turbo and recently the fan statred spinning so fast I could hear it over the radio and in slow traffic it would start to over heat. I took it to the shop and was advised that the coolant control module/fan was bad and they replaced it. I did not drive the car all weekend long and when I drove to work this morning I could hear the fan spinning so fast that I could hear it again over the radio - although it did not threaten to over heat. I am taking it back to the shop as I heve never heard the fan do this in the almost 8 years I have had the car. Any ideas? Also - a lot of the time I start the car, the oil warning lamp stays on and if I turn off the car and re-start - the oil warninglamp goes off....what gives? I have less than 76K miles and had a higher expectation of quality.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
8 years, 76,000 miles, 2 problems and had a higher expectation of quality ???
I'll let someone else help you with your answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
to modify Crewzins comment "8 years---76,000---2 problems" how do we put up with these pos vehicles! I agree Crewzin, I agree.
im with you guys on this one.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge