Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine Warning Light 3rd Time - 04 GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Nov 2003, 10:30 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Engine Warning Light 3rd Time - 04 GT

Opps Sorry, first post was not in the Turbo section.

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I need a little help.
My 04 GT is in the shop for the third time for the same problem, (error code P1188)Turbo Overboost. When this happens the car surges at idle and on decelleration. PCM was replaced twice. This time there supposed to find out what's causing the module to go out, we will see! Has anyone else had this problem on the 04 GT?? If so, what was the cure? The only mods to the vehicle are BTG cat back dual exhaust and a K&N drop in filter. The first two occurences happened before the mods. Hope I get it back for the Block Party. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 06:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Almost guarantee this is a vacuum (or boost depending on how you look at it) harness issue. Most likely the surge solenoid is not talking to the surge (blow off) valve. Have dealer take off harness, and check it and if that doesn't fix it replace with new.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 07:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

3BarBoost

Thank You! When you say replace with new do you mean the harness or ?

Please resond asap if possible. I'm going to take this to the dealer in a few minutes. Thanks again

RD Chili
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 07:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Just for curosity, how many miles do you have on the car and what trans. do you have? Keep everyone informed on what happens as some of us might need the documentation in the future for a similar problem.

Hope they find the problem!!!
Old 20 Nov 2003, 08:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

car surging is the car in limp mode?? tach will not go above 2,500 rpm's
Old 21 Nov 2003, 01:39 am
Regular Cruiser

azptcruiser

Paperwork from past dealer visits is in the car and at the dealership now, so this is approx. 1st time at 750 mi, 2nd at 3,300 mi and now at just over 4,600 mi. Tranny is auto-stick. yes, I will keep posting.
[:I]

bobs turbo pt

No, it is not in limp mode. Accelerates fine.
[8)]
Thanks for the replies!
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

have you called chrysler direct?? you should and call everyday until car is fixed!! if you like the dealership you have the car at tell chrysler when you call them that the dealership is great you want to know whats going on and what is chrysler going to do for you?? did you get a loaner car?? when my car was in the shop for 4--50 days i called everyday and the finally gave me a new car but like i said call them !!
Old 21 Nov 2003, 12:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

bobs turbo pt;

I have not called Chrysler direct as yet, my dealer is great and they're working with me. Yes, they gave me a car (rental) 04 Grand Prix, nice car. I should know what's going on this afternoon. Thanks for the advice and I will surely start the phone calls if needed.
[:I]
Old 21 Nov 2003, 02:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:...Has anyone else had this problem on the 04 GT??...
No problems, whatsoever, with over 3200 miles on the car. [^]
Old 21 Nov 2003, 02:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

New vacuum harness. Sorry for short message, gotta a plane to catch....