Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Met 3BarBoost and UniqTwin at Block Party

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2003, 12:52 pm
Administrator

Default Met 3BarBoost and UniqTwin at Block Party

I met the engineer and the Mopar marketing exec too. Great people. Also, I drove a Stage 1 on the drag strip, horrible start, but still a 15.34 1/4mile at 92mph. got videos and photos of it all. Stay tuned.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 05:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, I got a chance to meet them both breifly. I just wanted to reiterate our desire to see changes in the warranty and CARB aspects of the Staged upgrades. They said that they are working ont he issues. They pointed out the new warranty wording also. It was reassuring to hear 1st hand that they are working on the issues and are aware that there needs to be some "top down" education of dealership personel on this issue, though that is a long row to hoe. We just have to see how long we can hold our breath until this happens.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 23 Nov 2003, 06:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

I spoke to 3Bar and TurboG (uniqtwin) from what I was able to get out of Gina she says Stg2 won't be out till around June, she's gonna push for an earlier release. Srt's Stg 2 w/toys, PT's Stg 2 w/o toys. May have toys available at a later date not definite. Those with Stg 1 will NOT get a rebate for Stg 2 purchase. That sucks, since I have Stg 1.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 23 Nov 2003, 08:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

I too talked and had a blast I had a crappy take off ( asleep at the light) but ran a 15.03 at midday. Stage 1 2004 with back seat in. Faster than mine for sure! I was told the stage 1 had Borla cat back too! If it did it was pretty quiet! I really need stage 2 or a new computer cause I also test drove a 2004 Dream and it is faster than mine on the get go about same top end!! What a great day!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 11:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Don't know if any of you got there early (9am), but I was doing burnouts at the start lines for some pictures and then again a few on the return road for the fans.....
Old 25 Nov 2003, 06:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Burnouts are cool, but I *hate* trying to get the rubber off the fenderwells and the side of the car.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack