Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Quick question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2010, 10:38 am
Young Cruiser

Question Quick question

Does the vehicle run in 'limp mode', where the turbo boost pressure is lower and it runs richer, ANYTIME the engine light is on, or does it only go into 'limp mode' when it throws certain codes?
Old 02 Nov 2010, 06:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Quick question

Not mine.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 03 Nov 2010, 10:38 am
Cool Cruiser

an overboost condition will cause the car to go into limp mode. to reset it, take the negative off your battery for at least 10 seconds and then reattach.

signs: no power at all past 3k rpm and lower boost than normal. check engine light. to check to see what code it is, you can do it by turning your key to the ACC mode from the OFF position 3 times like this, OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC. after the third time it will pop up with a code like "P012" then display "--------" then "done" and display your miles.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 07 Nov 2010, 12:11 am
Young Cruiser

Ok, thanks. I actually have another quick question, and rather than waste space and start a new thread, Ill just ask it here.
I just bought a boost gauge that supposedly included all the stuff needed to install. All it has included though is brass fittings. It says that most manifolds had plugs that could be removed and then the brass fitting could be screwed in. Is it possible to use any of these brass fittings on the PT? I dont believe it has any plugs that can be removed in the manifold, or at least ive never saw one. If i cant use the brass fitting, what kind of fitting do i need to adapt the line from the gauge to a vac line?
Old 07 Nov 2010, 09:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PTGT View Post
Ok, thanks. I actually have another quick question, and rather than waste space and start a new thread, Ill just ask it here.
I just bought a boost gauge that supposedly included all the stuff needed to install. All it has included though is brass fittings. It says that most manifolds had plugs that could be removed and then the brass fitting could be screwed in. Is it possible to use any of these brass fittings on the PT? I dont believe it has any plugs that can be removed in the manifold, or at least ive never saw one. If i cant use the brass fitting, what kind of fitting do i need to adapt the line from the gauge to a vac line?
Just put a plastic "T" into the line on top of the throttle body.

Installed dual Gauge pillar pod

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Old 07 Nov 2010, 04:27 pm
Young Cruiser

The line from the gauge is too small to directly connect to any T, so what kind of setup do i need to connect it to a T?
Old 07 Nov 2010, 04:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

If you go to any auto parts store, they have rubber fittings / nipples you can slide over the T and the boost line, then just zip tie the ends to seal it tightly.

~CYCLONE_06

--Mark Martin
Old 08 Nov 2010, 06:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Alrighty. One last thing; it is a gt with side airbags, is there anything to worry about if i screw the gauge mount into the panel at the front of the door that runs from the door to the top(where that gauge pod was in those pics from that link you posted)? I want to mount it there because its out of the way, i can still see it, and if i ever remove it for some reason, it will be cheaper to replace that piece than to replace the entire dash top or steering shaft cover. I just dont want to damage anything that might be behind there when i screw it in
Old 08 Nov 2010, 07:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Go to a salvage yard and get them to sell you a spare pillar out of an 05 PT Cruiser. That way you can save your Stock pillar from being drilled. Thats what I did. There is nothing behind the pillar except the interior A pillar metal of the car. You take the over lay gauge pod and line it up, drill holes so you can use push in plastic pins, you can order them from Summit. Its in the link I posted. They are called gauge pod retainers. They only come in black tho, so youll have to paint the heads of the push clips to match the pillar, but thats easy. Just get some light grey paint. You have to pull the pillar down to run the boost line and wires down through the dash anyway.

~CYCLONE_06

--Mark Martin
Old 08 Nov 2010, 11:02 pm
Young Cruiser

wait, isnt the line on top of the throttle body plastic? can i T into that?