PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Customer Satisfaction Notice From DC #C30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2003, 03:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Customer Satisfaction Notice From DC #C30

Recieved Customer Satisfaction Notice From DC #C30:

2003 & 2004 PT Cruisers and varoius other DC models.

The problem is....
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) electrical connector seals on your vehicle may be out of place. This could allow water to enter the PCM. Water and resulting corrosion inside of the connector can cause various electrical and drivability concerns.

What DC and your dealer will do....
DC will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will inspect the PCM electrical connector seals and repair any that are found to be out of place. If a connector is corroded, the PCM and affected wire harness will be replaced.

Refer my original post, my car is curently in the shop waiting for a new PCM. I'm going to call them first thing in the morning to make sure they inspect the harness as stated in the 'notification', which by the way I just got it in the mail this weekend. My gut tells me that this is related.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 04:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I think your gut is right.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 30 Nov 2003, 11:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

makes sense!!
Old 02 Dec 2003, 08:36 am
Senior Cruiser

I wonder what model and year triggers this notice my 02 built GT does need a new PCM but exept for mileage it don't qualify for a new one!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 02 Dec 2003, 09:11 am
Regular Cruiser

The notice / recall states 2003 and 2004 models with 2.4 liter engines. It includes several other Chrysler and Dodge vehicles as well.
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 04 Dec 2003, 01:25 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RD CHILI

The notice / recall states 2003 and 2004 models with 2.4 liter engines. It includes several other Chrysler and Dodge vehicles as well.
I wonder if this is the "PCM" connector seals or the wiring harness that goes to the PCM? If it is the PCM what about our stage I pcm's ???????? They were pulled from the same stock as the standard PCM's, early 2004(model year) up until now? Will the stage I PCM's be covered?
[/quote]
Old 04 Dec 2003, 02:09 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I just got mine. Guess the "Customer Satisfaction Notification" is just the politically correct term for a RECALL NOTICE. [:0]
Old 04 Dec 2003, 06:38 am
Senior Cruiser

Guess i will wait cause I sure got a 2.4 built in mid 2002!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 04:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

I just got mine.
I didn't get one; I feel left out.

Does anyone know specifically what to check/fix? I prefer to do everything myself. I can do without the dealer-monkey [)] anxiety; I am high-strung enough as it is. [:0]
Quote:
quote:Guess the "Customer Satisfaction Notification" is just the politically correct term for a RECALL NOTICE. [:0]
Yup! Spin control! Is there any way to verify that you are on their "Customer dissatisfaction prevention" contact list? [:I]
Old 25 Jan 2004, 11:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

Hello? Was it something I said? Do I stink?

hehe