Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New PCM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2003, 08:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New PCM

Got the new PCM installed today. Just on the way home I could tell a considerable differance in the power. It pulled more agressively through the gears. Stage I or II next. Cant decide.

Old 03 Dec 2003, 08:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Go S2 man, mostly the same parts way more power!

AC
Old 03 Dec 2003, 09:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

great !!
Old 04 Dec 2003, 06:39 am
Senior Cruiser

any way i can get one without any symtoms exept maybe only 22 mpg on the highway???? I trust this is in reality the 2004 puter?? So I can go direct to a stage 2??
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 04 Dec 2003, 01:25 pm
Young Cruiser

On page 4 of this topic under GTSteve is all the info if you need to find out if your GT is coverd by the TSB. I had a slight miss but not all the time and the dealership finally replaced the part. Had to actually get the TSB and take it to them though. When I took the TSB to the service manager he said "Oh, I thought you meant something else". They have to fix it.
Old 04 Dec 2003, 01:42 pm
Young Cruiser

SFsGTO3, did you have to write down the tsb number and show it to him? or did you print the tsb and show it to him? if you did print could you tell me what you printed so i could do the same. my dealership is giving me the runaround saying the mis is a rev limiter. thanks.
Old 07 Dec 2003, 10:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

got mine 12-05-03 and love it and does inprove everything.
the thinh i need to know is when they flashed my new pcm they had to do it with what they called the california flash.This may be why the mpg go up as the eng is now set leaner . and if this is so the add a boost controller and you could burn a piston does any have any info on this?
Old 08 Dec 2003, 01:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

ONYX, the # is 1802903 and tell them your car is missfireing at 53 to 5300 rpm, they will ask what is it doing . answer the eng stops running for a split second then run again, and the TSB 1802903 replaces the pcm to correct that. if you can't find this and need a copy, i will fax or maybe e-mail (if i can scan it) i will send you a copy. amx1397@aol.com
Old 09 Dec 2003, 12:15 am
Young Cruiser

thanks amx1397 but sf already sent the fax to me the other day. i go tomorrow to the dealership hope everything goes well. thanks again amx
Old 09 Dec 2003, 09:24 pm
Administrator

For reference:

Have the dealer run your VIN number to determine if the TSB affects your PT. If your car is covered, the dealer must change the PCM.

TSB# 18-029-03
Issue date - August 8, 2003

Subject - Slight Engine Mis-Fire Above 5200 rpm

Overview - This bulletin involves replacing the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Models - 2003 (PT) Chrysler PT Cruiser

Note - This bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to January 22, 2003 (MDH0122xx) equipped with a 2.4L Turbo engine and manual transmission or prior to March 18, 2003 (MDH 0318xx) for vehicles equipped with a 2.4L Turbo engine and automatic transmission.

Symptom/Condition - Vehicle operator may describe a random or slight engine misfire when operating vehicle above 5200 rpm. There will be no DTC logged in the PCM. If there are DTC's present additional diagnosis should be done to determine the problem. This condition is caused by a internal hardware issue in the PCM.