Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What's it worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2010, 07:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What's it worth?

Greetings All! Happy New Year to all of you. I'm beginning to wonder if I should consider selling my 03 GT. While I haven't had any problems and enjoy it greatly, I am now retired on a fixed income and maybe need to get something more economical and newer. She is a "loaded" black, Autostick, Stage 1, Sirius with only 31K. Does anyone have any thoughts and/or suggestions? What do you think I could get for her in a private sale as opposed to trading in at the dealer. One dealer offered me $6K last month. Thanks in advance!
Old 30 Dec 2010, 07:57 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: What's it worth?

My guess would be somewhere between 5 and 6 thousand.If a dealer offered you $6000 in trade you should probably jump on that.That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 11:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Maintenance and repair cost on the PT is going to be cheaper than new car payment.

Watch out for anchor engine mounts!!
Old 04 Jan 2011, 02:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

With only 31,000 on an '03, clearly you don't drive much.
When you say more economical and newer, that could only be mileage - but since you don't drive much you have to ask how much payments on a new car versus the difference on the cost of filling a tank - your business, but you asked for opinions.
I say keep the '03 - you've already bitten the bullet on depreciation.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Jan 2011, 06:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

cheaper keep & drive,,agree ---(but if you sell it IM me on stage 1) Im looking for a low mil=stage 1 for 2003 GT autostick) thanks MJB

Last edited by mjb457; 04 Jan 2011 at 06:58 pm.
Old 04 Jan 2011, 09:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the replies! In weighing all the options, it comes down to the facts that I still love my Cruiser and don't really want to part with it. Since it is out of warranty, I guess I was getting a bit scared about any repairs that I might incur. But when you look at payments and all, keeping my "baby" seems a lot more prudent in the long run.

To get something new and comparable, I'd be spending well over $17K out of pocket. I just wish winter would go away so I could get it out and use it. She's only been driven about 1000 miles of her 31K in bad weather! Even if gas goes over $4 a gallon, it's still more economical to stay with my Cruiser than to trade.

Again, thanks for the input and I'm glad I am still a "cruiser!"
Old 04 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Taggert_LOA

given the mileage, i would talk to your dealer about an extended servicecontract on the car. cheaper than new carand you get your warranty peace of mind. and don't be afraid to shop around. a national chrysler contract is good at any chrysler dealer. good luck on your decision.
Old 05 Jan 2011, 03:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sounds like a nice ride and since you don't drive much your going to be hard pressed to recoup your investment in any economy box you may buy. If I was looking and your ride is as nice as you say with that mileage I would have went over 6k slightly. Watch out for the dealer offering you 6k make sure he ain't screwing you on the deal on the new car to make up the attractive offer on the old.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson