Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Got a good laugh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2003, 03:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Got a good laugh

NBR, his g/f and mine took his Cruiser out for dinner on friday. While I was driving it home I had the Underglows on (green) and just about every driver we passed, or passed us started rubber necking at the car! I have a white set in my car, and I never get this kind of attention. Some of the ppl we saw just did a simple look, most ppl looked like they hurt themselves craining their necks.

Just thought I'd share [8]

AC[8)]
Old 08 Dec 2003, 10:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Hope ya don't get a ticket. Underglows are illegal to drive with just about everywhere.
Old 08 Dec 2003, 10:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by crazyjoe

Hope ya don't get a ticket. Underglows are illegal to drive with just about everywhere.
Yeah, what's the logic behind that? [:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Dec 2003, 11:06 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by crazyjoe

Yeah, what's the logic behind that? [:I]
quicksilverdon, check this thread: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...hTerms=illegal

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 08 Dec 2003, 01:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have been stopped w/ my underglows on and the cop just asked where all the light was coming from.

AC
Old 08 Dec 2003, 03:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

I'm telling you it's the RADIOACTIVE green glow that gets 'em. Also the logic behind them being illegal is just that. They attract attention and people take there eyes off the road to look. Then they hit the car in front of them.

So we all suffer because people can't pay attention.

--------
2003 Silver GT
PT Cruiser 3rd Brk cling, APC GEN2 Eurotails. BTG Intake. StreetGlow Gold Series underglow kit \"Green\". BTG Strut tower Brace.
Old 08 Dec 2003, 04:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

I never liked under neons.

But If I got any it would be red.[?]

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/473529
Old 08 Dec 2003, 05:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nbr10

I'm telling you it's the RADIOACTIVE green glow that gets 'em. Also the logic behind them being illegal is just that. They attract attention and people take there eyes off the road to look. Then they hit the car in front of them.

So we all suffer because people can't pay attention.
We all suffer because if everyone drove around in flashing, glowing blue and green and yellow cars, it would get a lot more distracting.

If you've ever been to a major strip (ie Broadway, Vegas, etc) you know how distracting all those lights can be, even to a seasoned driver.

Ya wanna park your car and show it off with lights, be my guest. Turn all that crap off when you put it on the road.
Old 08 Dec 2003, 06:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

I personally don't see an issue with a static light (one that doesn't flash.)

I do not think that strobing lights should be legal as they are used for emergency vehicles and the like. But there should be no issues for a static downward facing light of any colour.

That's just my opinion though...

--------
2003 Silver GT
PT Cruiser 3rd Brk cling, APC GEN2 Eurotails. BTG Intake. StreetGlow Gold Series underglow kit \"Green\". BTG Strut tower Brace.
Old 08 Dec 2003, 06:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTucker

I never liked under neons.

But If I got any it would be red.[?]
That's they joy of owning these things. They are like blank canvas just waiting for our own personal touches. Personally I like lights and "tasteful" chrome accents. I don't like stickers and furry bits. It's all personal taste.

--------
2003 Silver GT