Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
turbo supply line question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2011, 02:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default turbo supply line question

I was reading a post here the other day and started to panic a little. It was about the tubo supply line. Is it a common thing that this line will need to be replaced by everyone, or is this a sporadic thing. I change my oil every 3k miles and only use synthetic. The car now has 71k and I'd hate to have to buy a turbo.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 02:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: turbo supply line question

Only replace when removing turbo.
Old 01 Feb 2011, 12:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: turbo supply line question

I assume you are refering to the oil supply, in which case only when changing the turbo out. The coolant supply line on the earlier models like my '03 should be updated. That usually starts to leak so they changed the connections on it. They did mine under a warranty repair.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come