Advertisements
Best pony power upgrades (DC3)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2003, 11:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Best pony power upgrades (DC3)?

I just got a DC3 this past weekend.
http://home.comcast.net/~alceryes/DSC01126.JPG

I already picked out this cold air intake...
http://www.revelenterprises.com/pt_cruiser_airaid.htm
any feedback, good one(?)

My question is what else can I do to increase the power?
I don't want to do anything that can't be reversed (for warranty reasons) and I can't spend that much (maybe ~$600 depending on how feverish I am at the moment)...

Thanks for your input.

Oh...BTW, even though I haven't floored it yet (only have 350 miles on it), I put it pretty close comin off a light that makes about a 35° turn and had to grab the wheel with both hands. That 1st gear is freakin unbelievable!!!!
Old 11 Dec 2003, 12:17 am
Senior Cruiser

save your $600 for stage 2 It can be reversed by popping in your original PCM. Leave the upgraded injectors in. Who gonna know[:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 11 Dec 2003, 12:26 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OurPTGT

save your $600 for stage 2 It can be reversed by popping in your original PCM. Leave the upgraded injectors in. Who gonna know[:I]
I'm not versed on what the difference is between a stage 1 and 2 (I'm under the impression that I already have a stage 1?). Do you have any links showing a stage 1 and 2?
How about prices and performance specs?
...instructional videos would be nice too, but that's probably asking too much...

Thanks....
Old 11 Dec 2003, 01:53 am
Senior Cruiser

you do not have stage 1, you have stage 1 injectors but not the pcm, stage 1 is around $400 US and gets you 235 HP, stage 2 is good for 265hp price not released yet.

goto www.mopar.com download the street catalogue in pdf form, enjoy and start saving....
Old 11 Dec 2003, 02:18 am
Dedicated Cruiser

You might want to consider a straight-through exhaust system which, together with your new cold-air intake, will give you some increased performance. The best buy for your dollar, IMHO, is probably the BTG which many forum members have and like...

BTG

Magnaflow is another performance exhaust system worth considering
but it costs more money...

MAGNAFLOW

Good luck and happy shopping.
Old 11 Dec 2003, 03:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

On the subject of leaving the S-1/S-2 injectors in with the stock PCM. Your car will run very rich in this condition. The computer is programed for a known flow rate at a programmed pulse width at a given fuel pressure. You should not increase the size of injectors without letting the computer know what the flow rate is for those injectors, in this case you have to replace the PCM to ge the right calibration. The rate is expressed in cc's/min. Here is a link that will explain more about injector sizing if anyone is interested. http://www.race-technology.com/WebPa...torSizing.html
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 11 Dec 2003, 04:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Cal,
Dont think anyone said to leave the S1 injectors in with stock PCM. I ran mine that way to have my stock PCM replaced with the new and improved PCM. Went about 50 or 60 miles like that. Between that 60 miles and re-doing the quick learn for the trany, it put a huge hole in a tank of gas. Too rich is not as bad as too lean but in a pinch, S1 injectors can be run with stock PCM with little trama except to your wallet.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 11 Dec 2003, 06:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OurPTGT

This is why I posted that response
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 11 Dec 2003, 06:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

I will finally get to find out what I get on a road trip tomorrow. I will post when I get back.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 05:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

You might want to consider a straight-through exhaust system which, together with your new cold-air intake, will give you some increased performance.
How much power (over the 215hp) should I gain from putting in a straight through exhaust? How bout the cold air intake?

Is the hp gain from having the cold air intake AND the straight through exhaust more the what would be gained from having each of those upgrades seperately?