Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ECM help?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2011, 06:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default ECM help?

Hey cruisers, my husband was on here a few months ago talking about trouble codes and how weird it was throwing so many. But I'm really starting to think that our ecm is bad or something. Ive never dealt with an ecm I know its function but thats about it. My CEL will come on every now and then , IF it does my car throws allot of codes at me, fan circuit relay ,miss fire codes, just to name a few. Well when my pt does this I just unhook the batt. then reattach. When I do the cruiser works fine. It seems to be getting worse. The other day the trans. shut off on me. I was driving down the road and it didn't work. engine was running just no go, no rev up or anything like the car was off and it was rolling. reset using the batt. cable and everything was fine. It didn't throw a code when this happened either. It was the only time its done it. Also the gauges have gone nuts on my several times. IF anyone could shed some light on the subject, that would be great! my husband is out on business and told me to check with you guys.
thanks for reading.