Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Head bolts for the Turbo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Dec 2003, 01:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Head bolts for the Turbo?

[:I]Does anyone know where I can find solid head bolts to fit my 03 GT Turbo? I was told that the head floats at 16 lbs or above and the solution would be to install solid head bolts, then I could take my Boost to 26lbs?[8)]
Old 13 Dec 2003, 12:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Huh?

Im ignorant to the whole bolts deal...

But: without bigger injectors the only thing 26lbs will getcha is a lean run and a thrown piston. Besides, doesnt our 16g hybrid lose efficiency @ around 18psi? [:I]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 13 Dec 2003, 01:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Ptturbine

Bolts wiil do nothing for you.....Don't waste your money.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 07:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

What about studs I would like to but them in
Old 13 Dec 2003, 08:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

MHO, if you are there, and want to do studs, have the money for them, do them. If you can get them and they are spec. hell just put them in. If you are going to keep this car up into the end of the warranty, keep moding it, then it would never hurt.

I know I look forward to prices in 3 or 4 years from now. I look forward to knowing what works well, the stage 2-3 mod. Bigger turbo as soon as someone gets the plumbing worked out. I am just going to keep improving the looks, the suspension as it wears IE: shocks & struts, brake rotors and pads. Working to a 2.5" or 3.0" TURBO back, depending on the bigger turbo at that time. Stage 1 is enough to break this car in. I think on Christmas break I am going to lower it 1.3" F/R. I cant wait for the struts to wear out for this, but donÂ’t want to replace consumable goods when I will need to sometime any way, and that is the time to upgrade. MHO.

Oh, when you start to get into the 90, 100, and 110 RWHP Sportsters, you damn sure put the studs in.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 13 Dec 2003, 10:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Airbilster, I am running 18 lbs of boost on the street and when i nees it i can go as high as 21 .I have been doing this for the last 3 months, there is a new turbo kit , intake manifold, exhaust injectores, fuel pump and turbo sells for about 3800.00 and gives you 390 hp,. I am finding out all the info i can on this will let u know soon.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 01:48 am
Cool Cruiser

AMX,
I really want to see this............ That is doable in a three year plan.............

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 14 Dec 2003, 12:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

H. tried your e-mail, would not go through, will let everyone know about the 390hp turbo kit as soon as I get the info.will post it. but give me the e-mail address and i will file it so you r sure 2 no
Old 14 Dec 2003, 12:47 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

Thanks amx1397 (jim) H.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 09:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

ARP makes head studs....for anyone interested.