Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 GT turbo fixed....BUT....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2011, 05:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Default 03 GT turbo fixed....BUT....

Well, after all this is said and done....the reman turbo is in; having had to put my old manifold on because the other one was damaged in shipping. Secondly now the car bogs down at WOT...My mechanic says O2 sensor is faulty because of the oil deposited on it over the last month of running a bad turbo....I HOPE SO...cause that is an easy fix....Car drives and accelerates ok under mild driving.

I put a picture of the damage on the manifold....was too nervous to try to bend it back so used my old one.

To be continued.....

Sylvain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0318012239b.jpg (89.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:17 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: 03 GT turbo fixed BUT MORE ISSUES AGAIN!

All said and done...reman turbo is fine....changed the 1st o2 sensor with one from Dephi solutions as we thought it was bad.....AND the freakin car throws a CEL. Mechanic says it's a recalibration thing and will clear....OK....BUT I noticed that there is a realy bad rotten egg smell now coming from the car....bad Cat? also....I never noticed before BUT now I can be as gentle as I can on the throttle but if I let go....it vents the boost.....I KNOW it does it under hard acceleration and release...but a gentle tap...that barely gets the RPM up a few hundreds?!?! Normal or not....This car is a freakin nightmare right now....fix one thing, something else comes up.

I will have a shop build me a pipe to replace the cat....Since the stage one doesn't read the 2nd O2 sensor...I'll be fine....but do I have other issues?

Thanks for the advice !!!

Sylvain

Last edited by sylster; 25 Mar 2011 at 01:20 am.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 03:20 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 03 GT turbo fixed....BUT....

What code did your car throw when you received the Check Engine Light?

Also, I don't know if this is true for the o2 sensor as well but our cars do not play nicely with aftermarket sensors. I'd go with an OEM replacement.

Another thing, you said your car was bogging at WOT right? The upstream (first o2 sensor) is read to/fro your PCM to maintain an air/fuel ratio of 14.8 during any driving outside of WOT. I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am please but I always thought the upstream sensor was for just that.

As for your CAT/Stage 1 and such, you won't have to worry about your downstream o2 sensor (that was in your stock CAT in your stock downpipe). Stage 1 doesn't use the 2nd sensor.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 09:57 am
Young Cruiser

I didn't check the code yet (just spent 15 minutes turning the freakin ignition and the "trick" is not working).....the car bogged and shuttered only that one day driving back.....my mechanic had cleaned out the engine with degreaser ....found out after I talked to him.,.....might of been wet too....

nothing changed aside form that O2 sensor.....

Just booked at a muffler shop to have the kitty cat removed tomorrow.

S
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:09 am
Young Cruiser

P0633 In PCM SKIM secret key is not programmed in the control module EEPROM HAHAHAHAHA what's that about ?!?!

and p0135....1/1 O2 Sensor Heater Failure Oxygen sensor heater element malfunction.

I wasn't doin' it right hahah

is that the 1st or sencond o2 sensor?....just calibration?

Sylvain
Old 26 Mar 2011, 02:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would get a O2 from the dealer. Like has been stated here and onPT Crew, Turbo Mopar, Turbo Dodge forums, you buy aftermarket electrical sensors and you take your chances.

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 26 Mar 2011, 03:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Cat removed today....code p0135 cleared and didn't return....car sounds weird....tin can sound almost...when coming off the throttle...normal I guess with no catalytic?

Cheers all!

S.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 04:01 pm
Banned

Pay no attention to the 0633. It's just telling you that the stage 1 has been added. It will show up on some installs and some not---NBD.

Get the first (upstream) sensor from your Crysler dealer. No aftermarket!

Yes, that sound is normal with "the delete" you did. You can quiet it down if you want by adding a resonator in the pipe midway between the exhaust mani and the rear axle or in place of your old muffler if you have already removed it. I did both, but I had to because mine is an N/A and---.

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.7 AERO EXHAUST.jpg (31.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 005 exhaust ground strap.jpg (54.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 005.5 aero exhaust passenger side.jpg (43.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 26 Mar 2011, 04:37 pm
Young Cruiser

So far the sound is not bothering me.....but time will tell. Yeah, not to worried about the code.....as far as the O2 sensor, from what I read, delphi makes MOST sensors for manufacturers, I'll test it out and see what happens....not throwing codes right now...good sign. My mechanic said that if the code returns, we'll address the issue then.

Thanks for all the advice....BUT one more thing...

The whole boost venting issue at low throttle....normal or not...I tried to explain it in an earlier post....let me know guys...

Cheers!

S.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 06:17 pm
Banned

The BOV is probably blowing because your mechanic didn't hook up the surge valve line and/or the wastegate line on his install. They come from two of the three solenoids on the passenger side fenderwell (in the upper right side of my pic). The TIP sensor is also sometimes forgotten (it's #2 in the upper right side of my pic). Have him check all of the lines that are shown in the middle schematic of my pic. In this case a pic is worth a thousand words.

Hope this helps.

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turbo solinoids 2.jpg (96.0 KB, 12 views)