LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Lots of Fun At the Track Last Night

Spent the evening at the local track last night. Victims included:

03 Mustang GT
03 Accura
Supra (4 years old no turbo)
Older Modded Up Honda (2 times, he thought there must be some mistake)
03 WRX Turbo

Everytime the PT Staged people started cheering. Was far enough ahead each time to turn on Hazzarad Flashers. As they came on crowd yelled and laughed.

When we were finished at least 12 people stopped by to look at the car and tell me how great it was to see the rice burners go down in flames. Two guys even had a video recording and you could hear the cheering! People love the PT, especially when the competition is from the rising sun.

Running on an off the gas off best time 14.133 and on the gas 13.796 Cold again and burned up on the line early with an amazing 16.621.

You gotta get out and try this. People in the stands love it. Plan to add some 15" tires and slicks next month ----- that ought to really be fun.

Frank
Old 15 Dec 2003, 09:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Nice! The track IS fun! Id rather run 13s in a PT and surprise the heck out of people than run 11s in a muscle car...

3 inches turbo back? 5 speed?

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 09:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

Custom stainless exhaust borla muffler built by a tuner who has really done great work for me . Auto trans - letting the trans shift all the way through. The surprise factor is fantastic ! And we don't open the hood or allow the lookers inside. More mystery and more fun.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 09:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Lots of funny stuff. Guy in new mustang gt looked like a recent college grad, had stylish girlfriend with him. After the run he stoped on pit road, picked her up and left immediately.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 10:52 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I would have liked to have been there to see that!

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 15 Dec 2003, 11:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

The whole night spent either laughing or racing and unfortunately getting smashed by a 9 sec. car here and there -- the perils and joys of open racing.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 11:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FRM3

Custom stainless exhaust borla muffler built by a tuner who has really done great work for me . Auto trans - letting the trans shift all the way through. The surprise factor is fantastic ! And we don't open the hood or allow the lookers inside. More mystery and more fun.
Looking at a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, stage II and upping the boost appropriately. Well see where that takes me, then well see about spraying him [8)]

Next racing season (fall) we should all get our Stage 2 equipted GTs out to a track one night to let people knows whats up

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 01:09 am
Regular Cruiser

The three inch was overkill at the time I did it, 2 1/2 should handle 300 hp. My goal was to go further and I didn't want to pay for two exhaust systems.

Stage 2 at the track would be fun!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 03:56 am
Cool Cruiser

FRM3,
Could you tell me how, where, who did your 3" for you. Ping me Off list. If they are close would drive, if not would pay shipping.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 16 Dec 2003, 05:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

FRM, Actually, could you post up about the 3" exhaust?
I'm also interested in that info, and I'm sure others
would be as well. I'm in the process of making a Stage2
"Prep mod" list to prepare my stock GT to get the most
out of a Stage 2 install. Thanks!

Paul