PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Installed mopar bov plate but it dosnt work ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Apr 2011, 07:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Installed mopar bov plate but it dosnt work ?

I installed the mopar bov plate but its not blowing off 2 the atmosphere its still blows off though the intake also I put on an air intake not sure if that's the problem or not I put the plate on like the directions said can anyone give me an idea wat I did wrong

O3 pt cruiser dream cruiser 2.4 turbo
Old 11 Apr 2011, 07:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Installed mopar bov plate but it dosnt work ?

Did you install the plate facing in the correct direction? Also did you ensure that when you put things back together, you double checked to make sure all vacuum lines were still connected?

FYI Even with the included gasket, it always helps to use some RTV sealant to make sure you cover any possible leakage.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 08:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

If you are getting no blow off you have the plate rotated in the wrong position. Drive carefully until you get it in right
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 12 Apr 2011, 12:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel

Damn... All points that you have one of two...

One.. You have the U shaped opening in the wrong position
Two... you have the plate facing backwards

Whatever of this two you have please drive slow and don't push it to hard till you fix it

Daniel
Old 12 Apr 2011, 01:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you mark your original install to insure when you put it back together you had all pieces facing correctly? Before assembly, did you test fit and mark to make sure that you lined up the BOV correctly?

Here's a before and after shot, but you really need to make sure you've not got the BOV plate upside down!

Second picture, notice my red lines used to properly line up the BOV plate? You really need to make sure you do a mock-up before bolting it down.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 02:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm going 2take it back a part and check it I might have it backwards ill let u all knw wat I come up with thanks I'm driving it no more than needed
Old 12 Apr 2011, 04:45 pm
Banned

One of your problems is "punctuation lackisity".

Jerry
Old 12 Apr 2011, 06:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
lackisity
huh? LMAO

Believe me, you can very easily have it flipped upside down. And don't worry, you're not hurting anything with it in there wrong, but you'll bleed off boost and lose power.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 04:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok so I pull my mopar bov off and I had it installed in the correct position but it still not blowing off I installed my boost gauge it reads 20 on the vac side wen idling wen I give it gas it only goes up to 0 wen I'm driving the boost gauge don't go above 10 on the vac side and 5 psi onthe boost side if I floor the gas peddle will driving this is the first turbocar I've owned I've always built drag cars looking for help on this.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 10:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger10 View Post
Ok so I pull my mopar bov off and I had it installed in the correct position but it still not blowing off I installed my boost gauge it reads 20 on the vac side wen idling wen I give it gas it only goes up to 0 wen I'm driving the boost gauge don't go above 10 on the vac side and 5 psi onthe boost side if I floor the gas peddle will driving this is the first turbocar I've owned I've always built drag cars looking for help on this.
Ok this points that you have a major BOOST LEAK!... you should do a boost leak tester, its so easy! Ill post some pics of what mine looks like, you do need an air compressor, to put some presure to the system, but first thing you can do its yo tight all the clams, the one that was failing me was the one that goes from the turbo to the intercooler, that pipe was all lose, so try to tight everything you can...