PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Interesting thread on the SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2003, 09:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster
Default Interesting thread on the SRT Forum

This is an interesting thread and it has a lot of information that is relevant to us. Especially interesting is the response by Dodgetweaker http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=4

macster
Old 22 Dec 2003, 01:22 am
Cool Cruiser

There are like seven pages now. Looks like I was wrong, no EO number coming. Question is, does that matter?
Old 22 Dec 2003, 01:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 3BarBoost

There are like seven pages now. Looks like I was wrong, no EO number coming. Question is, does that matter?
Of course it matters, thats why I posted it. The following was taken from Dodge's remarks and it should serve to ease a lot of the angst that people may have about buying the Mopar Kits. "Mopar might not offer everything you want out of an OEM, but they do offer you more than any other aftermarket company. Mopar offers awesome performance for a great price with proven durability. The kits are developed by the same people with the same resources to the same standards as the production vehicles. This includes over 400 hours of engine dyno tuning, over 400 hours of in-vehicle calibration in all ambient conditions, and over 500 hour of durability testing. " My point!!! The kits are designed for max hp/durability/and reliabilty. If the PVO team didn't put it in there, then there is a reason for it and it is highly unlikely that "we" are going to come up with an improvement in one area without drastically affecting another.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 22 Dec 2003, 01:42 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with you. Most can't get past the warranty and emissions legality. Mopar saying our kit will be the best of all worlds doesn't do it for some.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 02:15 am
Cool Cruiser

You put your money down,you take your chances, it has been this way in the go-faster world for ever. What is the big deal? Do you want mother DCX to make the payment for you also.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 02:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Culprat

You put your money down,you take your chances, it has been this way in the go-faster world for ever. What is the big deal? Do you want mother DCX to make the payment for you also.
Bad answer

You missed the point of the post.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 22 Dec 2003, 02:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I see this topic was removed. I guess The SRT forum is invoking their right to CENSORSHIP.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 03:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Interesting, to much information getting out?
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 22 Dec 2003, 03:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

For me it is simple no EO no buy the parts unless it is a simply part that has no barring on emissions and is not apparent. I dont want to have to take things off my car every other year for inspections and when I turn my car in in 4 years at end of lease!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 04:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 3BarBoost

I agree with you. Most can't get past the warranty and emissions legality. Mopar saying our kit will be the best of all worlds doesn't do it for some.
If PVO would have designed the system to pass CARB in the first place we would not be having this conversation and do not tell me it was not possible or expensive, we do it every day and we do not have all the Factory engineering sitting in front of us, we have to disect the ECU, which can cost some money. All the original R&D should have included CARB exemption. Apparently the Stage I PCM is not OBD II compliant and the stage I-II-III........ Were never intended to be emissions legal from the start and easily could have been. My guess is there was a rush to market it.
What I now ask is why the original B.S. I received from TurboG and BJ@DCX that the kits were pending CARB approval when all along they were never designed to be and never could be! For a company not to be able to see the benefits to emissions legal performance parts is uncomprehensible,stuuupid.
Those of you who say well don't buy it are missing the point, we could have had the same performance and be emissions compliant if PVO would have took the initiative, not the shortcut. Could have been the best of both worlds, instead the best of no worlds.