PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Eclipse Turbo Kill...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 May 2011, 04:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default Eclipse Turbo Kill...

So comin home last night after going out with a buddy of mine and enjoying a trip to texas road house, and then checking out THOR (good movie btw), I'm coming home, and this Mitsubishi eclipse (01 to 03 style) keeps pullin up next to me, then slowing down, then going past me... so I said ok... at the light, its on.

The light turned red, and he wasn't paying attention, so, I let him get even after it turned green, then nailed it, pulled away by like a car and a half, then let up to let him catch me, then walked him again.

It was nice. I haven't raced in a loooong time and don't usually condone street racing, but, he just seemed like he wanted some. He bit off more than he could chew.

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Old 07 May 2011, 07:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Eclipse Turbo Kill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLONE_06 View Post
I haven't raced in a loooong time and don't usually condone street racing, but, he just seemed like he wanted some.

~CYCLONE_06
Not usually. So when do you condone it, whenever you feel like it. It's stupid, period. You got away with it, this time. Maybe next time you "feel" like it, some family of 4 taking a ride to the ice cream shop won't be so lucky when they pull out from a side street after looking 1/4 mile down the road and it was clear. PT Crew would like your story.

Woman Killed by 2 Drag Racing Cars 11/05/06 | 6abc.com

2 Killed in Drag Racing Crash

Teen killed in drag racing crash any info? - Honda-Tech

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 May 2011, 07:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Yeah,what CREWZIN said.I have nothing against racing,as a matter of fact I enjoy it but there is a place for it.It's called the drag strip.
Old 07 May 2011, 07:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Umm, dude... the 00-05 Eclipse didn't come with a turbo. The GT models have a 200hp V6... the GTS models have 210hp. They're generally weak sauce.
Old 07 May 2011, 09:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Crewzin, if there was a family of four out getting ice cream at 12:40am, that would be a new one on me. Also, why dont you tell some of your police buddies that being a cop doesnt give them the privaledge to race and use their lights and sirens just to go through red lights because they dont feel like stopping...

And, maybe it wasnt turbo, I dunno, sounded like a whistle on it to me. Either way, he lost.

~CYCLONE_06

--Mark Martin
Old 07 May 2011, 09:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The family of 4 was an analogy, could have been an old lady.

If you know of any "cops" racing and using their lights and sirens (code 2) just for the sake of not feeling like stopping at red lights get their unit number. The station can tell you if they were on a response call or not.

I seriously doubt they were using code 2 for the purpose you state.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 May 2011, 09:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineMan View Post
Umm, dude... the 00-05 Eclipse didn't come with a turbo. The GT models have a 200hp V6... the GTS models have 210hp. They're generally weak sauce.
Umm, dude.. the 00-02 PT didn't come with a turbo. The N/A models have 150hp V4... mine's turbo'd, is faster than a GT, and is not weak sauce.

Moral to the story: just because something didn't come equipped from the factory doesn't mean it couldn't be added later.

I won't touch on the street racing thing-- we've all been guilty of 'spirited driving', and that's that. Some civilians cause accidents, some police officers abuse their privileges-- the end.

Old 07 May 2011, 09:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Agreed chris.

On a side note. Crewzin... how is it that the police cars can have pitch black window tint, but write tickets out for the same thing ?

~CYCLONE_06

--Mark Martin
Old 07 May 2011, 10:30 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLONE_06 View Post
Crewzin, if there was a family of four out getting ice cream at 12:40am, that would be a new one on me. Also, why dont you tell some of your police buddies that being a cop doesnt give them the privaledge to race and use their lights and sirens just to go through red lights because they dont feel like stopping...

And, maybe it wasnt turbo, I dunno, sounded like a whistle on it to me. Either way, he lost.

~CYCLONE_06
A friend of mine had a 2003 Eclipse GT that had the whistle sound to it too.It sounded just like a turbo but it was NA.
Old 07 May 2011, 11:11 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The family of 4 was an analogy, could have been an old lady.

If you know of any "cops" racing and using their lights and sirens (code 2) just for the sake of not feeling like stopping at red lights get their unit number. The station can tell you if they were on a response call or not.

I seriously doubt they were using code 2 for the purpose you state.
I can see what you're getting at, but i've had an occasion where a Sheriff was being jackass. i was driving on a highway at 65 which is the posted speed and the sheriff was ridding @$$. He flashed his lights at me so i moved to the shoulder and he speed off. I was pissed.

I don't really race anymore either but then again i never get challenged. Hell just the other week i burned a Mitubishi Montero on the highway like at 9am. NOW THAT WAS STUPID. and let the stoning begin. i know, i know, i was a total @$$hole that day. but no harm no foul, thank god.

as for the turbo whistle, he could've had one of these

Last edited by WolfmanG; 07 May 2011 at 11:13 pm. Reason: image resize