Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rubber oil line coming from oil pan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 May 2011, 07:46 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Rubber oil line coming from oil pan?

Just got off the phone with Chris at TU and my new turbo will be in route to me tomorrow! Can't wait. While I have everything apart I want to replace the rubber oil line that's leaving the oil pan. Does anyone have the part number for it? I'd like to walk into the dealer with the part number ready to go. Having those guys look stuff up is like pulling teeth!

Thanks!
Old 27 May 2011, 07:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rubber oil line coming from oil pan?

like to help you out but my parts book doesn't show a rubber line from the pan.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 May 2011, 09:47 am
Senior Cruiser

I love your pictures Crewzin

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 27 May 2011, 09:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I love your pictures Crewzin
Why thank you sir. Don't have eveything, but I do have reference books and there's always the Internet and with todays technology, I can scan my Haynes/Chilton repair or Chrysler Parts manuals, put it in my library of "Helpful Pictures" and have it on the forums in under 5 minutes.

Chromenut can access the larger repair manual and post his in short order too. If I access the larger manual, it takes a long time for various reasons.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 May 2011 at 10:00 am.
Old 27 May 2011, 10:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Rubber hose from the pan should be an oil return line from the turbo.

Crewzin, as your image is from a 01 manual it won't be on there.
Old 27 May 2011, 11:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineMan View Post
Rubber hose from the pan should be an oil return line from the turbo.

Crewzin, as your image is from a 01 manual it won't be on there.

Yes, the picture above is from my 01 parts manual BUT, I looked at the 01-09 repair manuals from both Haynes and Chilton which cover the Turbo models and they have the same picture. I used my parts manual because it's easy to get the page out (3 ring binder) and scan it. All books have the same picture. SOMEBODY screwed up.

Later: Now the bad part is, I have the official downloaded version of the parts manual (granted it's for the 01-04 PT's) and it has the exact same picture. It's supposed to cover the Turbo models also.

That's all the reference manuals I have.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 May 2011 at 11:34 am.
Old 31 May 2011, 12:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Well I was going to attach a .pdf blowup of the oil lines but the rediculously small allowable attachment size here prevents it.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 31 May 2011, 02:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Cruzer View Post
Well I was going to attach a .pdf blowup of the oil lines but the rediculously small allowable attachment size here prevents it.
Cal,

Take a look at the link below. See how big the picture is of the newbee's car. The forum let him put that big picture here. You mean to tell me you can't put a picture to show a rubber hose onto the forum, that the forum won't let you download your picture because it has a small allowable size? I don't think so. Either your blowup is extremely big or your doing something wrong. Not belittling you, just saying the forum takes big pictures. It doesn't have a ridiculously small allowable size.

New PT cruiser

Last edited by CREWZIN; 31 May 2011 at 02:07 pm.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 11:33 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Cal,

Take a look at the link below. See how big the picture is of the newbee's car. The forum let him put that big picture here. You mean to tell me you can't put a picture to show a rubber hose onto the forum, that the forum won't let you download your picture because it has a small allowable size? I don't think so. Either your blowup is extremely big or your doing something wrong. Not belittling you, just saying the forum takes big pictures. It doesn't have a ridiculously small allowable size.

New PT cruiser
Really? 19.5 KB is a reasonable size for a PDF? I don't think so.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 01 Jun 2011, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The picture I referenced is 47 KB and is larger than the forum itself. So who says you can only download 19.5KB ????