Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
An idiot rear ended my PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2003, 11:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default An idiot rear ended my PT

I was on the freeway the other day when I stopped for traffic. Unfortunately for me the guy in the Dodge Ram didn't. Luckily no one was injured except for my PT. When the police arrived he spoke with the other driver first. The officer then asked me what happened. I said "He hit me." The Officer then said that was enough and then proceeded to give the other guy a ticket.

Now I have to fight with his insurance company to get my car back to mint condition.

Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:03 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

OUCH! Good luck with that. You can put the money that you get for replacing your tailgate towards the APC carbon fiber one.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What a bummer! Hope that they get your PT as good as new.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:29 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Man that hurts! Hope everything works out OK. Might consider replacing the rear hatch with a carbon fiber one.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for your recommendations. Does anyone know of a good place to get a carbon fiber hatch?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:44 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Here's one place you can get it: http://www.seffects.com/catalog/prod...ory=&Category=

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Blonde

OUCH! Good luck with that. You can put the money that you get for replacing your tailgate towards the APC carbon fiber one.
The carbon fiber tail lights look SWEET on my DC3. I would definitly recommend them over the chrome. I'm getting my Magnaflow cat-back put in this week then I'll post all the pics...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

dam it!! that sucks!! keep us posted how the repairs go!! good luck
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ksquared11

I was on the freeway the other day when I stopped for traffic. Unfortunately for me the guy in the Dodge Ram didn't. Luckily no one was injured except for my PT. When the police arrived he spoke with the other driver first. The officer then asked me what happened. I said "He hit me." The Officer then said that was enough and then proceeded to give the other guy a ticket.

Now I have to fight with his insurance company to get my car back to mint condition.

don't forget to check the N.J. law you may be intitled to the value of your car before the wreak.(FLa. law says if you are in a wreak and before the wreak your car was worth 15,000.00 and after repairs, you try to trade in and they only offer you 10,000.00 because of the wreak your insurance (or his) owes you 5,000.00) good luck.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:51 pm
Young Cruiser

Hey, I feel your pain, I had the misfortune of running over a piece of metal in the road, it was at night, it dammaged the front tire, and the whole lower right side of the car. Anyway, when I got it back, it looks pretty good, but I can see some flaws it didn't use to have. And the inside was covered in white chalky residue, that smelled of paint and took all day to clean out, still smells a little.

The tire was repaired and put back on with out a balance, and it felt like the car was gonna shake it self apart. I had my buddy rebalance the tire, and forced the insurance to give it an allignment . The balance cured the problem, but if anything was knocked out, the alignment put it back. It didn't do any structural damage, just cosmetic.

Unfortunatly, we will allways know and see the differences from when it was new.

Good luck, I am sure you'll enjoy cleaning up the mess inside when you get it back. Hope it turns out ok.
03 PT GT Turbo 41TE Autostick Electric Blue